Help wanted with TEK 2445 oscilloscope

Hi all,

I bought 3 'used' TEK 2445 scopes ($60 for all) from a local company that just wanted to clear some space in their warehouse. I was able to get two of them up and running by swapping some of the components that were damaged. The third was obviously dropped against the HIGH voltage board that drives the CRT. Both power up fine now, and one seems to be working just fine. The second one gives a strange output with nothing connected to it. The trace seems Ok near 0 on the vertical scale, but if I adjust the vertical position, the trace get wide, and will trigger a sawtooth profile. The amplitude for this profile gets larger the further away form 0 I get. It is too repeatable for noise. Is there an adjustment for this? Or is it a bad component/board? Any help would be appreciated.

This link connects to Snapfish screen shot photos.

02 is No signal connected to Ch 2 - V pos centered 01 is No signal connected to Ch 2 - V pos up max 04 is No signal connected to Ch 2 - V pos down half 03 is No signal connected to Ch 2 - V pos down max 00 is Ch 2 - calibration signal

I'm also curious what value it is to have them "calibrated". There is a local shop that will do it for $110. Any thoughts?

I know the HV dangers that are posed inside the scope and take all precautions to prevent electric shock.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Henry

Reply to
Mike Henry

Here is Flickr pix in case you don't have Snapfish acct.

Mike Henry

Try the tek scopes group on Yahoo... TekScopes2 in yahoogroups.com

--
# A brainstorm to one person could be a slight draft to the other one.
# Cees Keyer, Amsterdam school of technology  (change -at- in @ in E)