bsim model file

Hello All

Anyone can help to tell me where can I get the model files for 0.5um cmos technology ?

I have checked the bsim website but do not know which is the correct file to use?

I want to use it for LTspice or Spice simulation

Kindly help Thank you

Jason

Reply to
jason

I found some modeil files from mosis.org but the one for IBM is for SI Ge . I need it for silicon cmos process. I have visited the bsim www website but do not comprehend which file is to be inserted as the model card or model file Kindly help

Thank you

Jason

Reply to
jason

Try the TSMC flavors on MOSIS.

...Jim Thompson

Thanks Jim

But I need a 0.5um tecnology. TSMC has no 0.5um tech. there at mosis

Any advice? Hear from you Thank you

Jason

Reply to
jason

Thanks Jim

But I need a 0.5um tecnology. TSMC has no 0.5um tech. there at mosis

Any advice? Hear from you Thank you

Jason

Reply to
jason

Why do you need it?

If you're a student your professor should supply a model file.

If you're a potential customer, contact TSMC.

I have the models, I just can't release them to you, as I am bound by NDA's.

...Jim Thompson

I just had a thought. Some of the smaller feature-size processes also include 5V devices. Like the 0.18um process I'm using right now.

Poke around MOSIS and see if that will work for you.

...Jim Thompson

Thank you Jim

I am a student. I will do simulation for educational purposes. My Prof never said anything about supplying the model file even after asking him.

I am thinking of using the AMIS model file from mosis.org. I just want to know if there is any BIG difference between the model files? For example, how much a delay time for a cmos inverter buffer different for a AMIS 0.5um and a TSMC 0.5um cmos technology? Do you have any idea? Any sites we can see this benchmarking?

Kindly help

Thank you

jason

Reply to
jason

In the digital domain, probably very little difference. In analog stuff, going from process-to-process, I usually only have to tweak resistors (different TC's), and the bipolar devices.

I currently have loaded on my system the models from 59 different processes ;-)

Ah, AMIS, Pocatello, COLD, SNOW, all that bad stuff. I once insisted that a car rental agent walk me to my car. I couldn't see it thru the blizzard, and figured I'd get lost and die in the parking lot ;-)

AMIS stuff usually includes some tabular data relating, effectively, a data sheet for the process, speeds, voltages, etc.

...Jim Thompson