IC Technologist

Hi All

Anyone know the exact job scope of a IC Design Technologist? I roughly knows this job is to advice IC designer in the process technology influence on circuitry design.

Anyone know which site or book we can read to understand that knowledge?

Kindly enlighten Thank you all

best regards Jason

Reply to
jason

Google is your friend!

I'm assuming you are considering some kind of technical school program. You need to be careful with this kind of career field because it's hard for new people to break into the field. They nornally want people who are experienced IC users, and people who have designed many boards that use IC chips.

This advice applies to any technical school program: please confirm independently whether it is likely you can get a job in this field after completing the course. Its always hard for college grads to get their first job, but some areas make it especially hard. You might end up working at McDonalds.

I normally advise people to go to a real college, or a least a junior college, and study popular degree areas. This would be your best bet for the long term. Electronics or Computer Science are great areas. But I would steer clear of special technical schools that offer restricted studies that would not give you transferrable credits.

Good Luck! Eric

Reply to
Eric

Thank you Eric

I understand what you mean. I already have a decent degree from the country where I live. I would like to know if there is any site where I can read to understand more about the job to deal between process technology and circuit design. Your advice can help a lot of people here in the forum Thanks a lot! Hear from you all

best regards Jason

Reply to
jason

The question is not *remotely* about IC 'users' or designing pcbs. Normal design engineers and technical draughtsmen do that stuff.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

So, you think people can design chips without having experience designing PCB's? I know that a lot of chip makers seem to have designers like this on their staff, but this is not ideal in my mind. You need to have experience under your belt as a user (in the sense of designing schematics and PCBs) before you can be a good designer. It's the old adage "know your audience".

Reply to
Eric

Totally.

PCBs are utterly irrelevant.

A designer of what exactly ?

Uh ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

i suggest getting a PHD in semiconductor Physics. then you would have a good grasp about how process impacts device properties and parasitics.

--
JosephKK
Reply to