Brain teaser: Would 300 Hz TV solve the European - US compatibility problem?

Really? I toured the caves in Sterkfontein, South Africa. Those were among the oldest known hominid remains at one time (3.3mya). What's new (old)?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Jeez, dude, all you have to do is watch the history channel to keep up.

You "toured" how many decades ago?

Also, how is that conclusive proof of the actual origin of man? Can you really be so stupid as to think that the dopes that found it got their conclusions right?

How can that be when just prior to the find, the conclusion was centered in another region of the world.

I think you guys are all dumber even that the anthropologists that put forth the stupidity.

It wouldn't surprise me if we were not a modified Neanderthal some alien visitor improved on.

Our observations are certainly not fact, and you dopes touting it as fact is simply hilarious.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Joerg,

That all sounds very comforting, however you can't deny that the progress (or regress) is going on. China and India are advancing step by step, and there is no sign that they are going to recede; especially as US is getting more and more de-industrialized.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

The fact that China and India and Mexico and other countries are moving towards a more middle-class society isn't a threat to the USA. We don't need to be surrounded by poverty to feel good about ourselves.

They are going to want a lot of oil and copper and coffee and stuff, which will make those things more expensive, but we'll learn to live with that.

John

Obama is just making it easier for them by reducing our standard of living. You liberals happy yet? ...Jim Thompson

Coming soon to the elementary school in your neighborhood...

I pledge allegiance to Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama and to the
community organization for which he stands: one nation under
ACORN, unchallengeable, with wealth redistribution and climate
change for all.

Speaking of DSP, huh. The tremendous number of stupid bugs in the silicon of the modern DSPs probably indicates that the engineering is been outsourced.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

I don't know it, but this one looks nice:

And Digikey has some TriMedia chips in stock, so can't be too bad :-)

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Hahahaha... That's funny.

I guess the US does have it's shit together intellectually. Then, we let "managers" in that are idiots that decide to outsource things they should not be outsourcing.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Somehow I fail to see and lip-smacking supe high tech chips from there. A long time ago Taiwan had such a place, Tseng-Labs. I've used thir chips and the folks there really knew high-tech. But gone :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Well, do you have a non-US alternative DSP? Part number? Available at Digikey?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, NXP is (gradually) getting there and the lower end models are available at Digikey.

Haven't seen anything that blows my socks off yet but if there is a EU company that could make inroads it would be NXP. Pity is their financial situation is so dire that I am not sure they can sustain such efforts for long.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

FPGAs are seriously displacing DSPs these days. I know of no non-US FPGA companies, although most are fabbed in Asia.

We're starting to use a smallish Spartan6 part that has 58 DSP slices, each good to 250 MHz.

John

They do good stuff however sometimes it could be difficult to get it from behind the language and cultural barrier.

However UMC, Acer, Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Hamamatsu, JRC, KEC, ROHM, TDK, JVC, OMRON, RealTek, Davicom, etc. are still there.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Eh?

There is plenty. From NEC uPD series to Sony CELL in Asia, NXP and STmicro in Europe.

Yes, some are available at Digikey as well.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Sony? Surely you jest.

Reply to
krw

It's surprising that the Japanese are so feeble in uP design. It should have been a natural for them. The TRON thing was a fiasco.

The Europeans are doing OK, at least in embedded apps, ARM-type things. Some of the NXP chips are cool.

John

screws up with repeatedly.

more delays would be.

have no problem with?

one buy=20

facts.

for

engines=20

American.=20

=20

of a=20

labeled=20

One whole generation of intel cpus were engineered in Israel. Things like this will happen more often. How many on shore silicon foundries are there?

Reply to
JosephKK

with repeatedly.

delays would be.

no problem with?

I actually am familiar with, and 100% trust Israeli electrical engineering and software engineering.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

[...]

Japan and Korea are different stories, they've been in the high-tech sector much longer and have leadership positions in some areas. Essentially Western style countries. However, last time I looked at an Acer computer it was made of an American processor, an American graphics chip, a Japanese hard drive and Korean RAM.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You can get micro controllers everywhere but when it comes to serious horsepower I can only see NXP making inraods there. Unfortunately from a seriously rocky financial foundation.