Brain teaser: Would 300 Hz TV solve the European - US compatibility problem?

On a sunny day (Wed, 23 Sep 2009 20:14:49 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

They are building the A320 for Airbus:

Now is not that decreasing European production and maintaining Chinese production levels, the same as moving production to China.

All the tools, all the design, all the knowhow is there. Easy for a country so very good in copying to use as a starting point for their own improved designs.

If Boeing had outsourced the Dreamliner production to China, it would be flying now. Maybe outsource most of the design too. Cheaper too :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

countries.

requiring

repeatedly.

would be.

problem with?

Quote: "The aircraft is powered by two General Electric CF34-10A engines ..."

Then under Flight Deck I cannot see much there that is not American. Rockwell, Honeywell, Kaiser, Eaton, you name it, it's got it. I was thinking more of a Chinese aircraft, not an aircraft that consists of a collection of mostly American parts :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg
[...]

flying now.

ROFL! I don't think you know much about aircraft design ...

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

flying now.

Pantelje hangs out in the same "fruit" country as Slowman ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

LOSE the WUSS BRING BACK BUSH

Convert the PAL (if that's what it is) signal to VGA or whatever your multisync monitor uses and let the monitor figure it out.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

flying now.

I have a question. You would be probably the best person to ask :-)

In America, 40 years ago it was perfectly all right to be, say, a racist, however it was totally unacceptable, say, to have sex outside of marriage. In our days, it is unacceptable to be a racist but it is perfectly all right to have sex anywhere. Of course, we can argue about the social consequences and relative moral, but the question is not about it.

So, are they going to flip this pseudo-cultural game again or would it be something different this time?

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

On a sunny day (Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:02:21 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

flying now.

Talking about fruit[cake] countries, yours REALLY is the world's prime example. Anyways, A380 has been flying now for some time.

Did Boeing drop the superglue and now the dreams cannot take of?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No, it doesn't.

Reply to
krw

flying now.

And will lose money for a very, very long time.

Boeing's stuff always works. It will be here long before the A350XWB.

If Airbus had to make it on their own, they couldn't.

Geez, they used aluminum wiring! With 40,000 connectors!

I wouldn't stay in a hotel under the flight path of that monster, much less fly on one.

John

be flying now.

=20

It is already something different, but the final shape is still rather indistinct. The entitlement era is still near peak, but it is difficult to get any social responsibility without any of the other kinds of responsibility. And slum negativity still remains.

Reply to
JosephKK

Larkin

payed will

Arab countries.

don't

most

is

high tech.

brain requiring

up with repeatedly.

delays would be.

no problem with?

buy=20

facts.

=20

There is a big difference between American label and made in USA.

Reply to
JosephKK

A black gang myth that you are stupid enough to believe, and even more stupid to tout as fact. You are almost as bad as the asswipes that sit through terrorist "leaders" giving "speeches" at the UN podium.

You also have not been keeping up very well. They have found older remains on other continents. So, if anything, we are all from the Earth when it was mostly a single continent.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Yes, John, it doesn't. That is why you post idiotry in nearly every post you make.

Yes, you dopey f*ck, my spelling is correct and yours is not (another choice would have been idiocy).

Obama is of African descent, and your distinctions have no basis in reality.

He is an idiot, but likely not for the reasons you would like to give.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Only if the hotel was also wired with Al, and there was a rock band playing live with fireworks in their act, taxing the panels by drawing

20kVA as the plane approaches.
Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

countries.

requiring

repeatedly.

delays would be.

problem with?

My experience is that aircraft electronics are usually not only labeled American but actually made here. Lots of reasons, one of them being liability.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

No, Obama isn't an amatuer, he is a professional! A Professional Politician that is...

Now, as a leader, then amatuer is being way too generous!

;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Not to mention a G-d d--ned communist.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

He's a "professional", alright. ...in the ACORN tradition.

Apparently he's got a pipe.

Reply to
krw

Larkin

payed will

Arab countries.

They

don't

most

who is

dollars

high tech.

brain requiring

up with repeatedly.

more delays would be.

have no problem with?

buy=20

facts.

for

engines=20

a=20

And how much of the electronics economy it that?

Reply to
JosephKK

[...]

with repeatedly.

delays would be.

problem with?

Dollar-wise probably a lot. Whole companies live from it. However, as I mentioned elsewhere it does not stop there. Jan elected not to answer, probably because he ran out of arguments. I suggested he open up his Chinese-made PC and see where its processor was engineered. Or its graphics chip. Or its bridge chip set.

This goes on. Where, other than from a US company, do you buy a top notch DSP? Or a blazingly fast opamp? Multipliers? xxGHz mixers? DBM mixer? Log amps? Where are the Hittites and Triquints in other countries? Should I go on?