Blowhard Larkin - DEFINE the Problem

Hey! Blowhard Larkin!

How about you stating here _exactly_ what you _think_ the failure mechanism of my amplifier is... DEFINE the Problem!

Then I will systematically PROVE you wrong.

Inquiring minds want to see you put down once and for all.

No bloviating, sneering, name-calling, "sliming", or whatever.

Just state the electronics issue.

If you don't, everyone will know exactly what you are... a fraud. ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Gee, Jim, are you really that insecure? You're reacting like a liberal! :-) Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Hey Jim, I started reading the thread, it seems, Phil has hijacked your name, I see the responses are way below anything you would write. Sorry, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Knock it off. Run the LTspice version. Larkin is just availing himself of an opportunity to denigrate. And you're NOT very cutesy

...Jim Thompson

Oh! and I was trying to be! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I know ;-)

I'm not insecure. I just get testy with all of Larkin's constant lies. ...Jim Thompson

What Larkin is ignoring, or is it ignorant of, or is it pretending he doesn't know, so as to throw stones, and you troops won't know any better... the relative Vbe's of Q2, Q4 and Q3.

Run it on LTspice. I erred calling it the LTspice "version". It's not a version, it's the same circuit with a .CIR wrapper so LTspice can run it. ...Jim Thompson

See the original thread. I posted an LT Spice sim, just enough to do the DC analysis of the Q1-Q4 bits, and Q5/Q6 off to the side.

Try frobbing R14/R1/R10/R5 by 5%. You'll kill it.

As noted, the current through Q3 is so low (60 uA in my sim, 70 in yours) that the servo won't work for the 1KHz situation, the one you posted as a PDF.

Try changing the temperature of Q2. I set it to 27, the LT Spice room temp value, but it will run hotter in real life. Ctrl/rightclick on Q2.

There's 13 millivolts across R3, and you're using discrete transistors.

The circuit has several really bad problems. We discuss stuff like that here.

The basic concept isn't bad. Design a servo that works.

Hey, insult everyone in the group!

See my sim.

You are counting on the Vbes to match. They might on a monolithic IC, but won't with discretes, especially with the power dissipated in Q2.

There's only 13 mV across R3!

Later, John. There's ~116mV of margin before heating Q2. Think current density. ...Jim Thompson

You are Wrong once again. The wingnuts are the ones that react to criticism in a bad way. Take that nutcase Rand Paul.

He was so pissed at Rachel Maddow pointing out all the plagiarism in his speeches that he challenged her to a duel.

All Rand Paul needs to do is to stop copying Wikipedia verbatim in his speeches, then he will provide no ammunition for the mainstream media truth squuads like MSNBC, Politico, etc. His stupidity makes criticism just toooooo easy. He isn't as stupid as your typical tea bagger, but not far from it.

Reply to
miso

Are you and Slowman competing in some sort of stand-up comedy contest? It's working! You're *really* funny!

Reply to
krw

If you find the truth to be entertaining, then so be it.

Reply to
miso

I find lefty liars (redundant) to be quite entertaining. You drank so much of the Kool Aid you're blind. It really is funny to see you lemmings fall on your face.

Reply to
krw

When it's your circuit, it is your job to describe it FIRST.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to

And "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country." was an original by JFK right?

If Maddow was a serious journalist she'd talk about questions of public policy instead of such useless statements.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I managed to slip a reference to Rachel Madcow into one of my letters-to-the-editor and they didn't catch it ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Uh, but your opinion is that of a Koolaid drinking tea bagger, so of course it is pretty worthless as far as the truth goes. But thanks for playing.

Reply to
miso

Why is it that lefties aren't bright enough to do anything but use the IKWYABWAI argument and lie? You're all the same.

Reply to
krw