Blowhard Larkin - DEFINE the Problem

Can't address the electronics, just go with denigration... it's the "Larkin Signature Performance Method"... and it appeals to his sickophants >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Oh, you try way harder to insult more people than I do. You're just not very good at it.

Speaking of electronics, have you posted the 2N7000 circuit, the one with the 100 ohm gate resistor and 80 volt overshoot? Still working on that?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I never had any affection for Thompson. In fact, I don't really like men. Women are fabulous creatures; the only thing that men are good for is designing electronics with.

But you will note some asymmetries in the relationship:

Thompson has, more than once, grossly insulted my wife. The only thing I have said about his wife is that she must be an extraordinarily tolerant person.

He has disputed, with insults, technical things that I have posted, and he's been wrong. He won't show us how wiring inductance in the drain of a 2N7000, in a particular circuit, can make the drain voltage spike enough to kill the fet. He has, at times, claimed 25KV, 1 KV, 150 volts, and 80 volts of spike, but won't post rational sims or calcs.

In this very charmingly titled thread, he challenged me to point out technical flaws in his audio amp circuit, which I did. The result was that he had to redesign it.

I'm here to talk about electronics, and he's here to talk about himself ("Master Circuit Designer", apparently without irony) and about me ("Blowhard"). He skips all the really interesting discussions. Who would like a person like that?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

So why do you keep encouraging him by participating in insulting matches? The only reason I can think of is that you must enjoy it.

Reply to
Glen Walpert

As they say in the schoolyard, he started it.

What's your opinion on the 2N7000 thing?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 06:23:19 -0800, John Larkin wrote: [snip]

[snip]

Please produce the message-ID(s) in which you claim I insulted your wife. ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

You do it. Look for the "BU" and "MIT" and "girls displaying their wares" and "pimping" references.

Besides, you already partly apologized. Not very sincerely, but passive-tense partly.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

But I never said "your" wife, I simply stated a fact... that the BU womens' dorm across the Charles seemed to have an open window policy... nude girls parading in front of their undraped windows.

I doubt that I can find less than a few thousand guys who will attest to the truth in my statement.

You turned it into a slur against your wife... a necessity for your manic/depressive personality... something to hang your deviated mind on.

Produce a message-ID... or please shut up. ...Jim Thompson

After I said that my wife attended BU (and laughed at MIT geeks) you said "every one". You're not a digital guy, but try to do the logic.

How about that 2N7000 thing? Slink? Tail between legs?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Prove it. Message-ID, or you're a liar (which is actually a given).

I did, but you were too dense to see it. Look back thru the threads, surf for "slow degradation". ...Jim Thompson

Post a Spice file. Or some math. Show me an 80 volt spike.

Most of our disputes happen when I say something technical and you dispute the facts. You're almost always wrong, and then you get upset.

I don't even insist on 24KV, like the crazy thing you posted. Show me an 80 volt spike.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I'm not in the least bit upset, but you are >:-} ...Jim Thompson

And you see this as a reason to continue it? I completely fail to see any logic in that. Don't you have anything more entertaining to do, or post about here? If you enjoy this sort of spat, fine, have at it, otherwise you are free to quit any time, and no one will think any less of you for it. Quite the opposite, in fact.

My opinion is that it is not worth fighting about. No one is right all the time. So what?

Pardon me while I bail out of this fight.

Best Regards to you both, Glen

Reply to
Glen Walpert

As some famous person said, What do you care what other people think?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

School yard foolishness, and yet you continue it? You do not convince me that you do not enjoy it.

Of course you could just refuse to wallow in the mud, or can you?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk