Blowhard Larkin - DEFINE the Problem

Now wait a minute, that can come in two forms..

  1. How it was intended to work.
  2. How it actually works..

I hear a plead there somewhere :)

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

One problem with your argument is I haven't lied. But again, thanks for playing. You must really like to be bitch slapped.

Reply to
miso

Of course you have. You, like Slowman, and all your ilk, lie constantly. ...evidently you even have yourselves propagandized into believing the drivel you post.

You're lying again. Go figure.

Reply to
krw

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 13:18:46 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote: ...

Regular expression, computer-science-speak.

Yes.

Reply to
Grant

Are you two married?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Divorced >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Den tirsdag den 3. december 2013 05.03.23 UTC+1 skrev Jim Thompson:

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Aahh - that explains it, they do say love and hate are so intertwined :-)

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

I think the honeymoon was over a long time ago!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Excellent! But it's Larkin who is drinking the poison (and holding the grudge... which I fully expect will never end) ...Jim Thompson

Den tirsdag den 3. december 2013 16.15.54 UTC+1 skrev Jim Thompson:

depends on the thread, seems you both have a bottle a drink it regularly ;)

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I don't have a grudge, I just respond to Larkin's incessant asininity. He has a grudge based on his manic/depressive illness, a grudge that is not based on fact. ...Jim Thompson

Nobody needs a grudge to spot really, really bad biasing.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Haven't heard your analysis of the latest version I posted. Too complex for you ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

It's absolutely too complex. It takes about 20 parts to replace one Vbe multiplier (or a few diodes, the way I like to do it.) And I bet that it hisses or ticks audibly with zero input... not in sim, but in real life.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

ps - you don't need R4 any more.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Whoopeedoo! Why don't you prove a Vbe multiplier can match the low distortion before I prove that it can't (over temperature)? ...Jim Thompson

Always glad to help amateurs with their circuits.

Why don't you prove a Vbe multiplier can match the low

I don't like Vbe multipliers much. I prefer something like 3 jd's of bias, and power diodes across the emitter resistors.

Any class AB bias, even a perfectly adjusted one, is going to be nonlinear. So you may as well go with a simple, bulletproof, continuous-slope-monotonic one and let the feedback take over.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Us true audiophiles know that's not true. TIM Distortion will get you every time. (And, NO, I don't use Monster Cable >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Why use amps and speakers when the signal is going through a hearing aid?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers