BLEduino - Gone for Good?

I see I needed to nose around their site more. I dug into the forum and found someone else asking about "central" mode. The answer is that the Blend Micro can't run in "central" mode but that the Blend Nano can. :) But the software for this is still in Beta testing. :(

The nano does solve one problem for me. It has 11 I/Os which might be enough for my app without adding a port expander.

--

Rick
Reply to

Yeah, maybe I'm making it complicated. But I can't get what this is about from reading the durn web site. I guess they assume a level of familiarity with the whole Arduino thing which I don't currently have.

To be honest, I'd much rather program this in Forth, but if I understand correctly, the CPU is on the chip with the Bluetooth circuits and requires the BT stack to be linked in with your code. Not something I want to attempt on my own.

--

Rick
Reply to

Could be C++ with = being an overloaded operator?

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

That's what it is, but it's a retarded use of operator overloading as far as I can see. I don't know why they didn't just overload the send method, unless it is assigning to a serial port register associated with the class also named "send", which is also bad...

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

I heard back from RFduino and they don't actually support Bluetooth connections between two RFduino units. They don't make it clear why exactly, but they offer a GZLL stack that will allow communications between RFduino units. I will take a look at that.

Oddly enough the GZLL is a star topology with a "host" at the center. But the host doesn't seem to be in control, rather the peripherals poll the host and the host can reply, but not initiate communications.

--

Rick
Reply to