Best Source for TV Schematics??

Hello Chuck,

AFAICT you could solder RoHS parts with lead solder, just not voice versa. Of course, if the parts are tinned then whiskers can and probably will grow from there as well.

Tube stuff was (and is) remarkably reliable. The old Astor radio here in the office hails from the mid 50's and going strong. Had to replace only one tube, couldn't obtain it and reworked the bias slightly to adapt another.

The Hammond organ's tube amplifier never needed any care other than dusting since 1961. And so on.

Maybe electronics will be shipped with a micro tooth brush that has stiff bristles :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

That model isn't listed in Sams index.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hi Joerg,

It is quite a treat to watch RoHS parts when you heat them up to solder. The finish starts out shiny and smooth, and when the heat hits the RoHS solder, it crinkles up, and becomes all mossy. Perfect as a launching platform for whiskers. The lead in tin lead solder works just fine, but it doesn't diffuse up enough to alloy with all of that tin solder on the parts.

Some was, and some wasn't. The Tektronix and HP gear was remarkable. The consumer grade radios and televisions that showed up in the US were trash.

The old Astor radio here in

That is unusual.

That is also unusual. But remember an amplifier is a dirt simple circuit, remember the old tube color TV's. ...

We are sure going to need it. And the whiskers aren't the whole problem, the tin joints look like junk even when they are good. How can you tell a good one from a bad one?

Parts that are RoHS are very short shelf life too. It takes very little time before the tin oxidizes, and you cannot solder to it even with good active fluxes.

The whole RoHS act is based on flawed reasoning. Sure, it would be a good idea to remove lead from the environment, but gasoline was the largest contributor (and they eliminated that), well the next greatest contributor isn't electronics... Electronics is far below automobile batteries...far, far below.

One of the greatest contributors to lead in humans is plumbing. Sure they got rid of lead in the solder (and the new solder works great BTW!), but what about the millions of miles of lead mains that are scattered in the cities through out the world? There are more tons of lead there than have ever been used in electronics since electronics began.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

I use

They have you schematic in CD or a download.

Reply to
scada

Notify the authorities! Blatant disregard for the environment! (Not :-)

Reply to
Richard Crowley

Does "washed out" mean that there is *some* image left, or does it go completely white? Intermittent signal connection to display panel?

Or does "washed out" mean goes dark? Intermittent connection to backlight?

"How can I order Literature (Operating or Service Manuals) for my Panasonic product?"

"....Service Manuals can be purchased by contacting our National Parts Department at 800-833-9626 or through our Feedback page (using the Parts Information subject)."

I also noted that they list online what appears to be ALL the components by (Panny) part number, description, and price. For example the LCD panel is $477.07 amd the back-light at $141.42 But I have found that many times their cost for parts like that exceed the entire retail purchase price of the product. :-(

Reply to
Richard Crowley

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

The image actually looks like a film negative.

...Jim Thompson

It's obviously some crummy little power supply bias. Can you try looking up the datasheet of the LCD panel to see what it requires, and then probe the dumb thing.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

That's why I seek the schematic. It's a rather compact/dense PCB.

...Jim Thompson

Did you ask in sci.electronics.repair? That would be the obvious place.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

"Tim Shoppa" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Like ??

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

I'm particular interested in medium- and high-power microwave and RF stuff. Everything from individual parts to complete sets and test equipment shows up. There's a lot of other stuff appearing too but I don't pay as much attention :-).

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

"Tim Shoppa" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

I am looking to get a dosimeter from "ECO-TEST" in ukraine (after all, those russ boyz must know how to make that ;-). Then night vision, thermal and radar stuff but that is more for fun.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen