TV Won't Power On

Hello. I had the back off my 27" JVC TV and when I put it back on and plug it in it shows "video" and neither the remote or the TV will work. It's a good TV and I wish there was something simple I could do to fix it (blown fuse?). Can anyone help? TIA Craig

Reply to
craig

It would help to know why you were inside and what you did when you were there. On the remote chance that you simply decided to have a look for no discernable reason:

Did you leave out any interlock wires or clips? And did you re-connect the line cord correctly?

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

craig: Yea.... very simple.... TAKE it to a service shop for a proper and safe repair.

If you are looking for better answers than above you must give more information:

**Model # ? ? **What was the fault that prompted to you take the back off of the television?? **Obviously NOT a "blown fuse" since the television turns on and "shows video". **Did you forget to plug a cable into the board when you reassembled the television? **Did you force the circuit board and maybe crack it ? Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

Reply to
Sofie

Thanks for your replies. The TV is a JVC AV-27120. I was experimenting with projection TV and I switched the wires on the yoke which was easy to do and worked. I guess that was a foolish project and didn't give a good picture. I never disconnected the power cord. My budget is tight at this time and I have a substitute TV to watch. I switched the wires back and now I have the problem. The JVC just might have to sit somewhere. Thanks again. Craig

Reply to
craig

craig: You "didn't disconnect the power cord" when working inside the television???? Very foolish and very dangerous, especially to a novice tech. You either shorted something out, cracked the circuit board or did not reconnect some cables and connectors properly. JVCs are excellent televisions and produce one of the best pictures in the business. TAKE it to a service shop and get it repaired, it might be well worth it... or at least get a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent decision whether to toss it or have it fixed. Daniel Sofie

Reply to
Sofie