Opinion On TV

I would like to solicit the group's opinion on this TV. I am not technically knowledgeable and don't want to be robbed!!

Thank you very much

Julia Betancóurt de Velasquez

Art

You should critically compare this TV to the same size plasma TV.

I find that LCD screens don't have as wide a viewing angle (horizontal or vertical) as the plasma screens.

The LCD update time may also be more noticeable in the larger screens (>32 inches).

John

Reply to
John

Brand recognition is virtually worthless these days. Popular well known brand names are regularly slapped onto cheap noname junk. Look at the sets in person, compare picture quality, also a plasma TV is one of the very few things I suggest looking into an extended warranty for as repair cost can be very high if they fail.

Reply to
James Sweet

Setting up and maintaining a spares/support mechanism for products which will by nature be several years old before they may need them is a *very* expensive luxury. Just think about it - the number of parts the average TV uses, stored for perhaps 5 years before they are needed - if ever. And then become junk. Just appreciate the low comparative costs of such things these days and take the gamble.

--
*If you remember the '60s, you weren't really there

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)