Best Performance / Lightest Weight Video Projector?

Best Performance / Lightest Weight Video Projector?

Looks like this coming year will be lots of road show presentations.

Any experiences / suggestions appreciated.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

You would be far better off asking in the Audio Video groups. There are many.

Also, there are sets of "better" units depending on your price ceiling.

There is display quality criteria (1080p), projection method criteria (DLP, etc.).

I'd say that you'd be better off waiting one more year as the technology just took a big bounce, and the hardware that adopts the newer technology won't be out for a little while yet.

Reply to
IAmTheSlime

Any advice? I need to purchase in the next day or two.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

I'm looking into a multimedia projector, and it seems the Panasonic units have the better reviews in the lower price brackets. As for portables, Im not sure, how heavy, is 5lbs too heavy? What about lighting, room settings etc. Panasonic has a small 3lb 1500 lumen unit

Martin Riddle

Got an Acer which works OK, but it's clearly not the best performance unit around - fairly light/portable, included a well designed case for it and all the cables, but dim as compared to the 3X size/4X price (non-portable, unless you have porters, Mr. NewHip) units in use elsewhere here. Budget driven, and on that basis OK - but also a few years old, so probably not closely related to this week's options.

If you can find a store which has the darn things in stock to try out, that would be best, even if it's a few bucks more than ordering it from far away.

Ecnerwal