Death of Tony Williams

To anyone who communicated to Tony.

He died suddenly on the 1st of October 2007of a coronary thrombosis while walking his dog.

--
Jeff Taylor (Tony\'s Brother in
law)

OMG!!!!!!!! That is the most terrible news ever! He was a great designer and teacher. This is very, very, sad. We will all remember him as long as we live.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I will mourn for Tony and for all that he did and for all the good times we had. Thank you, Jeff Taylor, for letting us know. Please give our condolences to his wife and family. And also to you and the rest.

Reply to
Winfield

I'll miss him. As Spehro says, definitely one of the good guys.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

I'm speechless, and very, very sad. One of the good guys for sure.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Tony Williams wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ledelec.demon.co.uk:

my condolences.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jim Yanik

--
It's a damn shame when the good ones go.

My condolences.
Reply to
John Fields

I hardly knew him, but anybody's death is a tragedy.

My heart goes out to his family.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'll add my condolences, as well. I know Tony only through his postings here, but they are a legacy to be proud of: I don't recall ever seeing him get into the mires that occur all too often, and his postings always contributed positively to the discussions. We'll miss his presence here.

With fond memories and my own moment of silence here for Tony,

Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

Courteous, respectful, helpful, the epitome of SED's knowledge base, that's Tony Williams. I remember how helpful he was when I would state something technically controversial and some members would immediately shout of my stupidity. Tony would step in and listen then sort things out. I will miss him greatly. Harry

Reply to
Harry Dellamano

I'll have a cold one (and maybe some "crisps") and a moment of reflection to toast Tony's extraordinary life at 7:00 pm EDT (UTC -4). Anyone is welcome to join me, in a virtual sense anyway. As well as on the newsgroup we occasionally kicked ideas (and sometimes components) back and forth. It would have been a blast to have met in person.

I wonder if there is some way to send condolences to his family.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hear, Hear!

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Hello Jeff,

My sincere condolences. Tony will be remembered and his posts in usenet will be with us for a long time because it's archived. All the ones I remember were very professional.

It would be nice if we could write to his family. Maybe you could email me their address (jsc AT ieee DOT org) and I'll email it on to the others in this thread, at least to those whose email address I can find out.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I'll join and will pray for Tony's family and for Jeff's. The cold one has to wait until evening.

Yes, hopefully we'll learn of his family's address.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

What a lucky son-of-a-gun.

I hope to die walking the dog, too. I would say that dying during sex would be better, but the dog would probably take it better than the wife.

Reply to
John Popelish

No you don't... thrombosis (a blockage by clot) can be a relatively slow painful event. I know, done that, survived (1998).

Depends ;-)

I don't know. I was in hospital for a week. My dogs were in a near apoplectic state, and all three rushed me at once when I got home, knocking me down.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

(snip)

Pain is a given. If it gets done there in the woods, I'll be content. Surviving, recovering and doing it all over a few more times before getting it right is not what I am talking about.

Getting my head taken off in a motorcycle crash would be okay, also.

Reply to
John Popelish

I'd prefer to die in my sleep.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Life is composed of experiences. Death is an experience. (by lifespan limitation) You only get it once...a special unique time.. Why miss it..??? It's like bungee jumping.

I want to live long enough so that my last thought is: "Shhhhittttt......mother nature or god....fk you and your stupid human lifespan... "

I'd dump a ton of money into genetic research to fix up the sloppy result of millions of years of evolution that sets lifespans.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

[snip]
[snip]

I've had some high speed driving experiences like that ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature