Banning per minute EV charging fee.

Just need additional buck regulators between panel and batteries. My porta ble batteries can also charge indoor. It's a lot easier to find indoor out let than outdoor. The mobile solar charger will take up a few hundred squa re feet in the desert. I think i am ready to do it next summer.

back on the road. Excellent!!!

ked someone to jump-charge my EV, but he was unwilling to do so. I guess i t's too new a concept for him. Fortunately, found an outlet in a gas stati on to get enough charge to the next charger.

r. I am adding 5kWh now. Hopefully, it can run continuously. From anothe r car, if can jump-charge a few miles per hour.

I have no idea what you are thinking. What do you mean "jump charge from a nother car"??? I don't know of any car you can access the high voltage bat tery as an output. I know you can't with the Teslas.

I am starting to understand why you blame the EVSE providers for your lack of medium length trip viability.

--

  Rick C.

  ---- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ---- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

rote:

Just need additional buck regulators between panel and batteries. My por table batteries can also charge indoor. It's a lot easier to find indoor o utlet than outdoor. The mobile solar charger will take up a few hundred sq uare feet in the desert. I think i am ready to do it next summer.

nd back on the road. Excellent!!!

asked someone to jump-charge my EV, but he was unwilling to do so. I guess it's too new a concept for him. Fortunately, found an outlet in a gas sta tion to get enough charge to the next charger.

ter. I am adding 5kWh now. Hopefully, it can run continuously. From anot her car, if can jump-charge a few miles per hour.

another car"??? I don't know of any car you can access the high voltage b attery as an output. I know you can't with the Teslas.

I can jump charge the 12V buffer batteries from another car, then invert to 110V L1 charger. So, jump charge 30 minutes and L1 10 minutes.

I have tested it with a rental car, with around 600W 12V jumper cable.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

s. Just need additional buck regulators between panel and batteries. My p ortable batteries can also charge indoor. It's a lot easier to find indoor outlet than outdoor. The mobile solar charger will take up a few hundred square feet in the desert. I think i am ready to do it next summer.

and back on the road. Excellent!!!

I asked someone to jump-charge my EV, but he was unwilling to do so. I gue ss it's too new a concept for him. Fortunately, found an outlet in a gas s tation to get enough charge to the next charger.

erter. I am adding 5kWh now. Hopefully, it can run continuously. From an other car, if can jump-charge a few miles per hour.

om another car"??? I don't know of any car you can access the high voltage battery as an output. I know you can't with the Teslas.

to 110V L1 charger. So, jump charge 30 minutes and L1 10 minutes.

600 watts would be about 2 MPH.

I think we have reached the end of this conversation.

--

  Rick C.

  ---+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ---+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

nks. Just need additional buck regulators between panel and batteries. My portable batteries can also charge indoor. It's a lot easier to find indo or outlet than outdoor. The mobile solar charger will take up a few hundre d square feet in the desert. I think i am ready to do it next summer.

rs and back on the road. Excellent!!!

I asked someone to jump-charge my EV, but he was unwilling to do so. I g uess it's too new a concept for him. Fortunately, found an outlet in a gas station to get enough charge to the next charger.

nverter. I am adding 5kWh now. Hopefully, it can run continuously. From another car, if can jump-charge a few miles per hour.

from another car"??? I don't know of any car you can access the high volta ge battery as an output. I know you can't with the Teslas.

t to 110V L1 charger. So, jump charge 30 minutes and L1 10 minutes.

Yes, but enough to reach the next charging station.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

k of medium length trip viability.

I will reevaluate the situation when all those EA stations are ready. But for now, my EV is mostly for local use, but occasional repositioning to ano ther city. During moving, i carry 2KW solar and 3 to 100 kWh (need time to build them) buffer batteries. For the rest of the time, they stay in a bu ilding feeding power back to the grid, and i am driving a 50 miles EV local ly. I just don't need to carry a big bomb (battery) all the time.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

A tow rope wuld give a faster recharge (regenerative braking), and move you towards the destination at the same time.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

e:

:

banks. Just need additional buck regulators between panel and batteries. My portable batteries can also charge indoor. It's a lot easier to find i ndoor outlet than outdoor. The mobile solar charger will take up a few hun dred square feet in the desert. I think i am ready to do it next summer.

hours and back on the road. Excellent!!!

ne. I asked someone to jump-charge my EV, but he was unwilling to do so. I guess it's too new a concept for him. Fortunately, found an outlet in a gas station to get enough charge to the next charger.

e inverter. I am adding 5kWh now. Hopefully, it can run continuously. Fr om another car, if can jump-charge a few miles per hour.

ge from another car"??? I don't know of any car you can access the high vo ltage battery as an output. I know you can't with the Teslas.

vert to 110V L1 charger. So, jump charge 30 minutes and L1 10 minutes.

e.

It's difficult to ask someone to jump-charge my EV for more than 10 minutes . Yes, i tried.

It's even more difficult to ask someone to tow-charge my EV. Yes, i have a tow cable.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

ote:

te:

ry banks. Just need additional buck regulators between panel and batteries . My portable batteries can also charge indoor. It's a lot easier to find indoor outlet than outdoor. The mobile solar charger will take up a few h undred square feet in the desert. I think i am ready to do it next summer.

e hours and back on the road. Excellent!!!

one. I asked someone to jump-charge my EV, but he was unwilling to do so. I guess it's too new a concept for him. Fortunately, found an outlet in a gas station to get enough charge to the next charger.

the inverter. I am adding 5kWh now. Hopefully, it can run continuously. From another car, if can jump-charge a few miles per hour.

arge from another car"??? I don't know of any car you can access the high voltage battery as an output. I know you can't with the Teslas.

invert to 110V L1 charger. So, jump charge 30 minutes and L1 10 minutes.

ble.

es.

Isn't that what tow trucks are for?

--

  Rick C.

  --+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

ote:

:

rote:

tery banks. Just need additional buck regulators between panel and batteri es. My portable batteries can also charge indoor. It's a lot easier to fi nd indoor outlet than outdoor. The mobile solar charger will take up a few hundred square feet in the desert. I think i am ready to do it next summe r.

ive hours and back on the road. Excellent!!!

nd one. I asked someone to jump-charge my EV, but he was unwilling to do s o. I guess it's too new a concept for him. Fortunately, found an outlet i n a gas station to get enough charge to the next charger.

r the inverter. I am adding 5kWh now. Hopefully, it can run continuously. From another car, if can jump-charge a few miles per hour.

charge from another car"??? I don't know of any car you can access the hig h voltage battery as an output. I know you can't with the Teslas.

n invert to 110V L1 charger. So, jump charge 30 minutes and L1 10 minutes.

cable.

utes.

Yes, that's enough option. But it's cheaper to just rent an ICE and charge my EV overnight. It should get 20 to 30 miles overnight.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Why not keep a Honda/Hyundai generator in the boot? Then you aren't stuck with the grid or renting an ICE when you really need it.

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

e:

[...]

able.

inutes.

arge my EV overnight. It should get 20 to 30 miles overnight.

Generator is heavy. Solar panels are bulky but lighter. They coil-up in 3 'x1.5' cylinder in around 100 pounds.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Call up a nearby repo man and ask what he would charge.

Really only need a tow to the top of a big hill. Then again for each hill. Coast down... tow up. It's that same little push that keeps 'perpetual motion machines' running. Heheheh...

If it could charge more than it uses, then you could drive to the top of each hill, and slowly gain back more than it takes for each one. Hahahah! But if we could do that...

All we would do to generate world power if lift a load up, let it generate on the fall, and lift it up again. Pure kinetic energy.

Shame it takes more to get you up there than you can glean out on the drops. Or we could have huge arrays of really big stones or lead or whatever weights pulling on cables, and then being reset after a certain drop height. Like a row of grandfather clocks. As they fall, the first in the array are being reset slowly.

Shame is power in equals power out... on a good day, so it would never be realized because it uses everything it makes!

Hey I know... we could use prison labor for the lift sequencing. Have Arnold (Conan) teach them how.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John Robertson wrote in news:nPmdnbGvZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

You lost him with "boot".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

If a 100 Lb passenger is a problem, the thing is too weak to call a motor. Look at it as a percentage of the total car weight. Or add it to your weight and look. Not much difference at all. And so useful! Way more charge rate than solar would be.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yes, on my way from Seattle to SF, over the hill near the OR/CA border. I miscalculated gravity. Got stuck in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, a n outdoor outlet in a gas station give me a few miles to go over the top. Gravity then gave me a push all the way into the CA charging station.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

2 KW solar is not so weak. I can probably get more if necessary, but i have to match more 2KW inverter.
Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I read his mind. May be under the hood.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Solar cells don't work so well in the dark I hear.

Perhaps one of the new high efficiency ICE generators would save some weight? Just leave it running all the time, when driving, to top up your battery.

Should work...

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

:

e:

ote:

[...]

minutes.

charge my EV overnight. It should get 20 to 30 miles overnight.

3'x1.5' cylinder in around 100 pounds.

Here's one with 2 kW output and runs in the dark. It's also is a lot small er and half the weight than your solar panels.

I'm really starting to think you are nuts to be doing this instead of just buying a hybrid.

--

  Rick C.

  --++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

te:

:

te:

e:

ote:

y banks. Just need additional buck regulators between panel and batteries. My portable batteries can also charge indoor. It's a lot easier to find indoor outlet than outdoor. The mobile solar charger will take up a few hu ndred square feet in the desert. I think i am ready to do it next summer.

e hours and back on the road. Excellent!!!

ind one. I asked someone to jump-charge my EV, but he was unwilling to do so. I guess it's too new a concept for him. Fortunately, found an outlet in a gas station to get enough charge to the next charger.

or the inverter. I am adding 5kWh now. Hopefully, it can run continuously . From another car, if can jump-charge a few miles per hour.

p charge from another car"??? I don't know of any car you can access the h igh voltage battery as an output. I know you can't with the Teslas.

then invert to 110V L1 charger. So, jump charge 30 minutes and L1 10 minute s.

er cable.

10 minutes.

d charge my EV overnight. It should get 20 to 30 miles overnight.

in 3'x1.5' cylinder in around 100 pounds.

ller and half the weight than your solar panels.

Does it also work in the sun without gas? My panels feed the grid when not in the car.

t buying a hybrid.

Yes, everybody buying BEV is nutty.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee