Back Alley

exam!

be

nt

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

ing

th

pectancy

Your question contains a number of wrong assumptions.

Hint: Tabulate what people die of (causes), the affect of each death on life expectancy, then prove that those deaths were the result of inferior health care.

If you do, you'll find our shorter life expectancy comes from 1) murders, 2) accidents, 3) differences in infant mortality reporting (not deaths), 4) fat people.

If you're not in a gang, drive responsibly, and aren't fat, you live longer in America.

Data available in Health, US. I think I got it from the HHS.gov website. Or you can read this, if you're lazy:

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

th

or

(if you prefer pictures)

ctancy) use

We also license 16-year-old kids, with minimal training. You?

That's not hard to do--just abort teenagers' babies before they're born, or let them die without counting them. Teen babies are much higher risk, so just killing them instead of counting them improves average life expectancy at birth quite a bit.

for example:

fant-mortality/

And, as above, how many Cuban teenagers (or adults) can even afford cars, much less lose their lives at young ages crashing them? In the US that particular cause-of-death disproportionately kills young people. And, when young people die, that brings down the averages, naturally.

Life-expectancy at age 40 would be a better indication of medical efficacy, eliminating infant-mortality reporting games, but we suffer there too from having so many fat people. Being fat causes heart disease and increases cancer risk dramatically--our #1 and #2 killers.

A better (but still flawed) measure of medical care quality is that of medical outcomes for matched populations of equally sick patients. That is, directly checking how well patients with medically treatable conditions fare, country-to-country.

Poke around a bit. You'll be surprised.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat