Government snooping

Looks like the government thinks everyone's guilty of something.

Bring on the election.

Reply to
dmm

"There has been some preliminary discussions with the Attorney-General's Department about a proposal for a data retention regime in Australia, but I think those discussions are at a very early stage," Coroneos said. He said the IIA hadn't "seen any firm proposals yet from the government".

"It's more along the lines of [the Attorney-General's Department asking] 'What do you see the issues of being if we were to move to a position similar to the EU'," he said.

Sounds like a beatup to me, and as for John Linton, he is a total areshole anyway.

Reply to
keithr