Back Alley

prostate exams will be available when the government disallows your exam!

Thank god I had cancer last year!

Heard on the Dennis Miller show. Mike

Reply to
amdx

I had a spike in my PSA test last year, so had the multi-round follow-up. Turned out to be a false positive.

The funny part though was the manual exam... sweet young oriental babe says, "Drop your pants."

I drop my pants and bend over. She says, "No. Let's do the front first."

Panic! Panic! Shrivel :-(

But we _are_ going to be like the UK. Committee approval _will_ be required for "procedures".

They'll let us old folks die off.

I'm going to scurry around and get everything fixed before this bill kicks in.

Then outlive them :-) ...Jim Thompson

Man are you lucky, My doc is 6'3" with matching fingers, but he seems reluctant to..... so I got a free exam through a hospital seminar at a urology clinic, damn doc walked in and was just as big as my doc. All is well.

Reply to
amdx

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:37:57 -0700, Jim Thompson

There's a problem with that! They (the proletariat) have made sure they are exempt from their own rules and systems, and have created a premium system just for them--just so guys like you and I don't actually succeed with the 'outlive' plan.

Reply to
PeterD

Thats just rubbish told by people that will have to charge fair prices instead of filling their pockets.

Nonsense. Affordable healthcare makes sure people can get old in the first place.

I really don't understand why so many people in the US like to get screwed by the most expensive healthcare system in the world.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Yeah... it's so bad over here in the UK that we are only 22nd on the list of life expectancy. OTOH, the USA is at number 38. despite spending vastly more than us on medical stuff.

Ever wondered whether you might be doing something wrong, compared with the UK?

Canada is at 11. France at 10

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Nico, Better rush and see your doctor... tell him you've become delusional ;-)

Affordable my ass! ...Jim Thompson

A big part of the difference is demographics. We have a lot of immigrants who don't get good medical care. Certain populations, Africans and Pacific islanders and native Americans for instance, seem poorly adapted to European diets (lots of meat, wheat, sugar, dairy products) and get diabetes, heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, and such. All that fried food and pizza and ice cream and bread sure taste good.

Euro-type Americans who have regular access to medical care do quite well. And Americans who get heart attacks, cancer, acute stuff like that, do very well by world standards.

The US medical establishment also agressively fights for the lives of babies born prematurely or with birth defects, and counts those as deaths if they don't survive. It's very expensive, often hundreds of thousands of dollars, to save a premature child. And if they do die, we count them against life expectancy statistics. Many other countries make no such effort and don't count these as deaths.

John

Incidentially, do you have any statistics supporting this oft-cited statistic? It sounds believable but I wonder how much of an impact it actually is.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

A zero, or a hundred thousand (of them), makes a big dent in the averages.

Reply to
krw

xam!

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

Most of our mortality is fat-related, and we've got more fat people. It has nothing to do with the quality or availability of medical care.

But, even with that, if you eliminate murders (gangs, killing one another, mostly) and car accidents (Americans can afford more cars, and to drive them more), Americans outlive Europeans.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

So we would expect infant mortality to be considerably better than (say) the UK?

USA is at number 33 UK is at number 22

Explanation? [And BTW, the number of immigrants into the UK as a % of population is probably similar to that of the USA]

Of course, if we are simply comparing people who get the best treatment money can buy, I doubt there will be a lot of difference across the world.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Life expectancy:

USA number 38 UK number 22

Nope - still doesn't add up. Most (West) Europeans live longer.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Am 23.03.2010 05:42, schrieb snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

Do they?

Germans (23 on

use to drive them fast ;-)

Cubans outlive U.S. citizens ;-)

Falk

Reply to
Falk Willberg

According to Fidel they do.

John

If we count and try to save more distressed babies, I'd expect that to make our ratio worse. Many european countries don't even count the ones we include as "born."

Many. Utah's rate is better than the UK's; Mississippi is much worse.

John

I am sorry, but with the new system, you will be FORCED to use it or PAY($$$$) penalty taxes, etc.

Reply to
Robert Baer

message=20

I think i saw something on it at the CDC site.

Reply to
JosephKK

I think all prostate exams are done up the back alley, so to speak.

Child prodigy procrastinator.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

The Demonicrats should be really good at them by now.

Reply to
krw