Anyone used this PCB fab?

I need a hand magnifier to read tantalum print - and it helps with 1/8W resistors (but that is possibly more to do with the nice white LED in the magnifier shows up the colours nicely :)

I did do some kynar wiring hacks under a big magnifier to a simple Velleman (or Velleman style) dice project to convert the PIC socket to AVR Tiny pin layout. That was enough to put me off tiny tiny things :)

To be honest, the fact that AVRs are so damn powerful and featureful means anything I'm likely to make will require a fairly low discrete count!

Reply to
Tim Watts

For a hobbist type situation, I would not reject them based on those particular reviews for a 2-layer job. I have no connection to them, just I don't see anything really negative there.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

We are planning a new product line and decided to use SoCs, combo ARM and FPGA chips. Altera and Xilinx don't seem to want to sell them. Then we considered a separate ARM processor (LPC3250) and FPGA. The final decision is LPC3250 and dumb glue logic. A 250 MHz 32-bit ARM has a lot of compute power.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I was playing with eagle to generate some test gerber files.

I noticed that the sort of things I am likely to do route quite nicely (as in look "right") at 30mil track width and spacing. In fact at 10mil they look ugly and spindly.

This probably sets my design level to "quite simple" :0 I suspect a PCB fab staffed by a blind man with a Dalo pen would be able to do my stuff!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Interesting. I seem to recall that this was discussed and it was pointed out that the required bandwidth between software and hardware is typically not very high and easily accommodated by any number of standard interfaces. I guess it was easier to deal with that issue than to deal with the software for using a proprietary CPU support system.

--

Rick
Reply to

Wow, 30 mil can be done with a Sharpie! Maybe even a sharp crayon.

--

Rick
Reply to

You do remember Dalo pens don't you?

And "Letraset" type resist transfers to make DIP pads neater and quicker!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Interesting... advanced circuits (33 each) will send me four panelized pcb's for ~$200, up to 60 sq inches... which is about the same cost per area if I use the entire 60 square inches.

You've had good luck with oshpark? (I've got a smaller proto that I need to send out.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I use eurocircuits.com

Bye Jack

--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
Reply to