Best low cost PCB fab

I know this topic has been discussed, but could I have a few current opinions on the most cost-effective PCB manufacturer for the following type of work.

EagleCAD files, standard glass substrrate, double sided, drilled, mulitple small (avg. 40x60mm) layouts on one sheet.

Basic service only. No plate throughs, screens, gold, overlays, etc. required.

How does the following company rate? Any others to recommend?

Thank you,

Rob Martin

Reply to
Rob Martin

Man, if you're going bare-bones you can try Alberta Printed Circuit although I don't know what you mean by double-sided drilled if there are no plated through holes. Congratulations on not trying to make your own PCBs, you know the value of your time!

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

On a sunny day (14 Nov 2006 14:36:15 -0800) it happened snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com wrote in :

You are so right, them PeeCeeBees polute the environment too, this is a better DIY way: front: ftp://panteltje.com/pub/s/z80_board.jpg back: ftp://panteltje.com/pub/s/wiring1.jpg :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

pcbpool or olimex are cheaper. pcbpool has smaller line/space too.

My last panel was from pcbpool, mostly 8 mil rules with some 6, 2 sided down to 01005 caps and 0.4mm pitch ICs. No problems with the boards so far.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

On 14/11/2006 the venerable Jan Panteltje etched in runes:

I just love that pinhole camera that you use. The chemicals used to develop the glass plates must have been more polluting than making your own PCB.

--
John B
Reply to

If you don't want through-hole plating, silkscreens, gold, and all that stuff, print out your circuit on photo gloss paper, iron the circuits onto a pcb using drilled holes for alignment, toss it in a bath of aerated muriatic acid, and viola.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Did you put the top side all out of focus to protect your design from us reverse-engineering it?

And I haven't seen a capacitor straddling a chip since when I was doing it! ;-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I always liked the IC sockets with the built-in decoupling cap across pins 14 and 7...

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Just so you know...

8-)
Reply to
JeffM

Hi Rob.

Assume you are on the east coast (oz).

I've tried CustomPCB and found the results fairly disappointing. Also their silver finish left me yearning for the HASL finish I'm used to in non-ROHS boards. It was YUKKY to solder.

Have a look at

I have used them on and off for quite a while, and am fairly happy with the result and the price. They take Eagle format too.

If you trawl aus.electronics with google groups, you'll see this is an oft-asked question. Unless you want quantities, for us aussies Futurlec is hard to beat.

They charge a "setup" fee PER DESIGN, so if you want multiple designs on a board/panel without paying this N times over, set them all up as a panel with internal routing lines and specify "DO NOT SEPARATE". They will deliver a board with all your gems held in place by breakout tabs, so cleaning up is fairly straightforward.

If you do choose them, post back and I can give you a few more tips.

Reply to
budgie

On a sunny day (Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:23:13 GMT) it happened Rich Grise wrote in :

No it is the Mustek DV9300 mpeg4 video camera I bought recently (only 120 Euro), it has a fixed focus lens, I could not focus up close. On the wiring side I just had an other lens in front. But that camera records almost an hour mpeg4 25 or 30fps on a 1G SD card, and fits a shirt pocket. For the rest that camera is crap.

Yea, this board if originally from the 1980ties, I changed it for some

32kB static RAMS some years later, that is why 2 colors flat cable.

It is part of a series of many, serial IO, display controller, modem, ramdisk, audio, eprom programmer, floppy controller, all fit on the same backplane.

You are welcome :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Late at night, by candle light, "John B" penned this immortal opus:

I have made sharper pics with pinhole cameras.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to