Anyone feel the Planet Cooling?

But Phil, it's quite simple don't you see? The more paper we pretend to have printed, the more food and products everyone will have, and the less we'll all have to work producing them.

This ain't rocket surgery.

Grins, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Global warming is not caused by actual CO2 emission, it is caused by accumulated CO2 emitted over the time we burned large amounts of fossil fuels.

Reduction in current emissions will not stop global warming, it will only stop it going faster all the time.

Reply to
Rob

-----------

** So you missed the smiley after my name ?

The heading was an obvious joke.

Well, obvious to normal people at least.

Reply to
Phil Allison

Not necessarily:

Much fewer or no contrails? Has the planet cooled by any measurable amount?

Not evident so far, but with a lot more data the question of contrails possibly being an effect may be answered finally.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

There are enough contrails in regular times to cause a measurable amount of cooling as well; they spread out and reflect sunlight. The increase in the difference between night and day temperatures averaged over the CONUS for the period all air traffic was grounded after 9/11 was 2 degrees F, the largest short-term variational spike in 30 years.

Reply to
bitrex

What was the cause of the spike 30 years earlier?

--

  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricky C

Mt St Helens perhaps?

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

..

I wonder if even with no contrail the increase humidity cause by the planes has a great influence.

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes