career in aviation

hi i am an electrnics and communication engg student studying in third year. i want to work in aviation sector.what should i do? having my B.E degree only can i get a job in aviation sector.?can any one guide me?

Reply to
justinthilak

Are you in the US?

The big aerospace companies - Pratt&Whitney, GE, Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed, Honeywell, are always looking for good engineers. And the MRO (airframe/avionics/engine maintenance) industry is huge, and they do some very sophisticated stuff.

But I wish you kids would respect spelling and punctuation. Your style makes you sound like a doofus, and these people don't hire doofi.

John

mrdarrett

25? years from now presumably kids like this will be running companies and folks using proper punctuation and spelling might be the ones look like doofuses. :-)
Reply to
Joel Koltner

Do flight attendants have to know how to spell?

John

Doesn't matter. They're not currently hiring anyway.

I just realized from the OP's IP address that he's in India. I tried to find some Indian Aerospace links, but couldn't find too many. Maybe better to work in China...?

mrdarrett

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Yep.

This is why, in general, I am hesitant to criticize anyone who makes mistakes while speaking/writing a "non-native" language. I would say that 90% of my friends are foreign, and so I am used to hearing them call things "the Hoover" when they actually meant "the oven". Also, my verbose, bland, devoid-of-contractions postings are deliberate, to provide a crutch to those whose native language is not English, as we all (should) know what it is like have to communicate in a "non- native" language.

I think Americans sometimes under-appreciate how difficult it is for non-Americans to do more or less the same things we do, plus learn 2 or 3 foreign languages, generally with less financial support and less free time. I see this difference in expectations every 3rd Thursday of the month from 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. I have dinner at a French restaurant with American francophiles/francophones, and while some of them learned French well, the bad pronunciation and and mistakes that some others make are downright embarrassing, despite some of them being highly educated and relatively affluent.

None of them are criticized.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin

How could they expect to lob lethal payloads at their neighbors without an aerospace industry?

"The Brahmos missile, named after India's Brahmaputra River and Russia's Moscow River, has a range of 180 miles and can carry a conventional warhead of up to 660 pounds. It can hit ground targets flying at an altitude as low as 10 meters (30 feet) and at a speed of Mach 2.8."

IMHO, aerospace is one of the fields where a doctorate or better is a major advantage.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Most of them smell pretty nice.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Southwest? No they just have to have practice being surly ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You need to join Al-Qaeda. Just follow the Islamic spams in this newsgroop.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

Right, but that's an att.net link. Does India have something akin to NASA, the ESA, or Airbus Industries?

mrdarrett

My French is really bad, but I do know that sentences start with capital letters in French. His English is pretty much identical to what many American students post here, sort of IM-speak.

John

... I guess Brahmos is as close as it gets...

mrdarrett

It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word. -- Andrew Jackson

If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and
then to make sure it's still there.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

(l

"The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is India's national space agency. With its headquarters in Bangalore, the ISRO employs approximately 20,000 people, with a budget around 815 million US$ at March 2006 exchange rate."

SARAS, India?s first civilian aircraft, a 14-seater, rolled out of the hangar on 4th February, 2003 as part of the Bangalore airshow without taking to wings. It will be sometime, probably by the year-end, before the SARAS can soar into the sky on its maiden test flight. At the spectacular air show, SARAS however, did create a flutter revealing her majestic design and looks, reserving kudos for a later date.

India has announced a tender to buy 126 multi-role fighter jets for its air force. The winner will get a 40-year contract for more than $10 billion, covering not only the delivery of aircraft but also their licensed local production, supply of spare parts, and much else.

Under the tender conditions, the first 18 fighters must be delivered to New Delhi in assembled form, and the remaining 108 produced at HAL, or Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., plants under a license. There is also an option for an additional 64 aircraft, which means the contract may be increased to $16 billion

NEW DELHI: India and Russia will jointly build a fighter plane which will incorporate stealth technology and carry "super" missiles, India's defence minister said on Monday.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Is Air America still hiring?

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Procrastinators: The leaders for tomorrow.

Didn't they go bust ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

If anyone posts a significant reply, he/she will be dealt with, with extreme prejudice.

Reply to
Don Bowey