Pi B+ still being manufactured, at reduced price

Just a heads-up, that they are still manufacturing the Pi B+, but have managed to reduce the price. Most of the Pi B's I use don't need the extra power of the Pi 2 (actually I designed the app back when the B only had 256Mb RAM), so a reduced cost B is attractive.

One issue might be if Linux distros continue to be updated for the B+ though.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew Gabriel

Likely, yes. You can still find PowerPC support in Debian, and as far as I can tell, there isn't a huge difference between ARMv6 and ARMv7 instruction set, except that the v7 set has more capability.

It will be a number of years before ARMv6 is dropped out of Linux.

isn't looking good, either.
I R A Darth Aggie

--

Graham.