Any historical problems with the MC33063A regs?

Like it says, I implemented a MC33063A switching regulator in a design and wonder if there are any historical faulty issues with it?

I did some repetition cycling with it and did notice a couple of times it looked like it went into a non-start up state?

When this happens and if you are using the Step up configuration, it is advisable to supply a fusible link.. Because it put my bench supply at full set current and the switcher wasn't operating.

But I can only get this to happen if I do radical cycling. I'll need to study that closer to see if there is a way to incorporate some form of power management circuit to help that out ;)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I did have some issues with the MC33063 and moved to th newer NCP3063. I'm afraid I can't remember the details but it included problems with the current limit.

The NCP3063 works at higher frequency and has better current limiting.

Reply to
Raveninghorde