Antenna for cordless phone

change.

change

s/RT/LT/ ?

A screwed on backwards sex change? That's going to be hard to find.

Reply to
krw

change.

change

right

It's been done. Ask Dimbulb where she bought hers.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

change.

change

right

No, "Reverse Thread" (not Lefthand Thread)

Yeah, looks like I will either end up cannabilizing the existing connector off the little whip or biting the bullet and buying the whole antenna assembly -- *assuming* I can get the range I want once I try this on the roof :<

Reply to
D Yuniskis

change.

change

right

RT ~= Right Thread

Reply to
krw

change.

change

right

From

"Other suppliers offering such universal kits include Bomar Interconnect Products and MegaPhase. To address the needs of technicians and engineers in the broadcast field, Bomar has readied a 42-piece adapter kit, called ADPT4RP, that contains the parts most often needed by technicians in on-site antenna installations. The product consists of two male and two female Type N, BNC, UHF, TNC, TNC reverse-thread (RT), TNC-RP, SMA, and SMA-RP 50-?

-------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

coaxial parts as well as eight universal adapters and two flat wrenches. These parts are fabricated using precision -machined brass with corrosion-resistant gold bodies, Teflon insulators, and gold-plated contacts. For its part, MegaPhase?s universal adapter kit includes tools to properly terminate three different-length cable sub-assemblies with various connector combinations."

If I can get the coverage I need *on* the roof, I will try moving things *inside* the 'ceiling' (flat roof) and do the test over to see what I've lost. If this works, then I can find a convenient place where things are close enough together that losses are minimized.

I can also use hefty cable since I am not going to be running hundreds of feet of it!

Reply to
D Yuniskis

sex change.

change

right

Cool! Learn something every day (it's still named wrong ;-).

2.4 needs it.
Reply to
krw

sex change.

change

right

Double silver shielded, with teflon dielectric? I have a couple rolls of it, in one of the shops. Then there is waveguide, for even lower loss. :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

had a sex change.

The sex change

know your right

MegaPhase=E2=80=99s

cable

on the

Sufficiently low loss cable that you can afford to go 10 feet at 2.45 GHz has a diameter of 0.485 inch for the outer jacket. And it is a pig to terminate. For 902MHz to 928 MHz i can get you down to 0.260 OD. Cable attenuation above 200 MHz can eat you alive if you cannot afford the space for a cable with low enough losses.

Reply to
JosephKK

sex change.

change

right

Ten feet doesn't give much room for realistic cable routing.

Reply to
krw

on

had a sex change.

The sex change

know your right

MegaPhase=E2=80=99s

find.

cable

on the

GHz

Cable

I have a 10 dBi wi-fi antenna with a permanently attached 6 foot cable; net gain, a little over 4 dB plus a different pattern (no longer omni).

Reply to
JosephKK

sex change.

sex change

your right

I assume you mean 4 dBi (gain over isotropic), which isn't much, can still have a pretty much omnidirectional pattern in two dimensions by flattening the pattern in the third. A dipole has a 2.2 dBi gain.

6' of cable isn't going to realistically route vary far from the transmitter. It's not going to reach the roof from a desktop, for instance.
Reply to
krw

connector on

E.g., I

"backwards"

"normally".

sexes

that's had a sex change.

lefty-loosey). The sex change

know your right

unnatural

MegaPhase=E2=80=99s

find.

2.4G cable

AP on the

GHz

Cable

still

flattening the

transmitter.

Yep. You can get useful length with problematic cables (large diameter, doesn't work so well with SMA sized connectors and TNC size is better but

0.405 {10.3} and 0.485 {12.3} inch {mm} cables still do not fit well).
Reply to
JosephKK

10 wooden floors perhaps

10 concrete floors with 200mm (or 8") mesh is going to be a problem, and this stuff is even worse:

I assume some sort of retrofitted seismic strengthening.

Have you considered a treadmill?

Jasen Betts

Reversed threads are called left-hand threads

So the connector so socnstructed would probably be called

reverse polarity left hand threaded Neill-Concelman

Or RP-LH-TNC (maybe LH-RP-TNC)

Jasen Betts

- my stride is too long for most "home" treadmills

- my walking pace is too fast to "recover" from distractions like changing track on ipod, etc.

- while some can be programmed to simulate a walking profile (e.g., uphill vs. flatland), that's just one more thing to have to "do" (vs. walking out the front door and heading up the hill!)

- you don't get to engage your neighbors (fine, if you are a recluse...)

- it takes up a LOT of floor space (unless you buy a toy)

- it wastes a lot of money

- its boring (unless you're the type who wants to watch TV while "exercising")

I looked at a surplus treadmill from a cardiac rehab center. Well built (no doubt for high duty cycles and "overweight" cardiac patients). Lots of bells and whistles. Priced right.

But, took up one helluvalot of floor space -- I think it was over 9 ft long and almost 4 ft wide! If I wanted to waste that much floor space, I'd rather unpack one (or two??) of the pinball machines!

No, walking the neighborhood, to the library, etc. seems a far better solution.

Reply to
D Yuniskis