Relative power of cell v. cordless phones

Anyone know the transmit power of cell v. cordless phones?

I'm curious as to which one has the more powerful transmitter and at what frequencies they transmit.

I'm guessing that cordless phones have to have more transmit power because of the minimal antenna on the base, in spite of having a much smaller range...

Reply to
Captain Dondo

In most countries, the cordless phones are limited to 100 mw of power dissipated at the output stage for the base, and about 40 to 60 mw of power for the handset. This is for the phones working at 30 to 40 mHz.

If I remember right the 900 mHz and 2.4 gHz phones had a rating where they should not emit more than 100 mv of effective voltage measured at not more than 1 cm from the antenna.

These readings would require the proper RF testing devices and setup. This is not something that can be tested with a common DVM, and bench scope.

--

Jerry G.
======