ugly cars

I owned two (three if you count the 2000 Sable we have now - different body, though), a '70 AMC Gremlin, and '74 Ford Rustang II. I don't agree with a lot of those picks, though. Delorian? BMW 7 series? Ferrari Enzo?

Reply to
krw

Yeah, the Sable didn't look that bad to me. Boring American classic styling, but not agressively ugly.

The BMW isn't all that bad. Nor the Beetle or the Rav4. I'm glad they did include the Escalade and the Hummer, a couple of world-class butt-ugly and tacky vehicles.

Where are all the rest of the Volvos? And all the Dodge Ram trucks?

The French sure design warts.

John

Only stupid Yuppies need 'pretty' trucks.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No Citroen 2CV?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

lot

No real working truck needs to be this ugly. Is that a *spoiler* on the back?

JD Powers gives it a reliability rating of 5 out of a possible 10. Chrysler makes some of the the ugliest and the junkiest iron on the road.

John

I just saw one about 15 minutes ago, parked down in Glen Park Village. My wife thought it was "adorable."

John

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Keep your gnosis out of my business!

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

body,

lot

I'm on my second Dodge truck. I drove the last one for ten years, and it had almost 100,000 miles on it when I bought it for $500. The second cost 2800, with 93,000 miles.

is similar to mine. I like that the grill is part of the hood. It makes it a lot easier to service. Mine has a V6 engine, and an automatic transmission, with overdrive.

With the way some people abuse them, it's no wonder they die. The Dana rear end is supposed to have the lube changed every 50,000 miles, and idiots who stand on the brakes while revving the engine break a lot of gears.

I don't put a lot of faith in JD Powers, or Consumer Reports.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com:

It's a TRUCK,what do you expect?

nothing is uglier than the Pontiac Aztek. AMC Gremlin is close,though,or the Citroen 2CV.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I saw a "Cube" on the road a week or so ago. It is ugly enough to make a Honda Element look cute.

Yep.

Reply to
krw

lot

What do you expect form Chrysler (A.K.A. Government Motors Jr.)?

Always have. They bought the rights from AMC.

Reply to
krw

The Pacer was far worse than the Gremlin (a sawed off Javelin, really).

Reply to
krw

Same here except for owning the vehicles. The Fiat Multipla which out-uglies most cars by far is missing BTW.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

French design is usually not bad. But it depends on taste. Americans like rectangular shapes, Europeans like round shapes.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

The two worst pictured are: "Bond Bug" (uglier than sin), and "Corbin Sparrow" (cookie tosser). Unfortunately they did not picture other nasty uglies that have chopped back ends like that "Bond Bug"; they all look like someone took a shoe, chopped it in half and rejected the rear half.

Reply to
Robert Baer

lot

here's a modern Italian classic

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Ah! just posted on that one

Gets my vote

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I consider a difference betwee tacky and bad ass.

Some of the uglies cars came from Japan. They like making them look like fish. And whats with those fender mounted mirrors? That will make any car look good. The Japanese designer still has bad taste when viewed from a different region. All the good Japanese stuff was designed by designers from different countries.

Remembering...........

greg

Reply to
GregS

snipped-for-privacy@zekfrivolous.com (GregS) wrote in news:hsrjmv$d3a$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:

Citroen 2CV is uglier than any of those.

I had the misfortune to own a Gremlin. It was a AMC Hornet with the trunk cut off and turned into a hatchback. A screwy idea of a "compact" car,but typical of domestic automakers "engineering" in those days;just assemble bits from all sorts of cars to make a "new" one.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik