help me to learn embedded system

Hi expert,

Embedded system is newbie to me. I'd like to learn it with my spare time. But I don't know what to start with. It would be fun to do some hands-on work too. So I set a goal to make an experimental phone answering machine. Could you expert recommend some books and devices I should begin with.

Thanks very much,

Charlie

Reply to
Charly Smith

Hi Charlie, There are many 'link collections' dedicated to embedded systems. We have gathered a few relevant links at our web site:

look under 'Knowledge' and then 'Embedded Systems in general'. Our real-time operating system reference document will give you an introduction to what real-time systems are and what an RTOS is (this document can also be downloded from our web site). If you are looking for simple and non-expensive projects, I would suggest
They have many excellent educational products. I would also suggest that you search for the words: PIC, AVR, stamp.

I have no direct links for phone answering machines, but someone else will hopefully give you some valuable links. I wouldn't be surpriced if someone have built such a system with a PIC processor.

Good luck learning about embedded systems - it is truly a wonderful and fun world :-)

//Anders Rosvall

Reply to
Anders Rosvall