Another $300M Down the Drain at DoD

If you lie about your cost of materials it reduces your taxable profit, and thus your FICA.

It might even reduce your FICA all the way to zero, and get you free room and board for a few years, courtesy of your Uncle.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

...there will be a lot less USPS Post Offices...

Michael A. Terrell

ly

2%

FICA is calculated on labor, wages and salaries, not materials. If you buy something for $1 and sell it for $2 you have a profit of $1 subject to income tax, and possibly sales tax, but not FICA tax. Same with stocks, you don't pay any FICA on capital gains.

Why charge someone for designing a circuit, when you can simply sell them a few transistors at $200 each, and pay the sales tax of 8% while saving the FICA tax at 15% ??

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

So if I buy a pound of shrimp for $3 and sell it for $5, I don't need to pay FICA. I need to have a talk with my accountant. Nah, I'll just fire him! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I know plenty of folks that get that much, and some that get more. You can bet that when I get mine, it will be that much or more.

You were saying?

Reply to
OutsideObserver

A dumbfuck like you wouldn't know.

Reply to
OutsideObserver

You pay into FICA based on hours works and pay received, so even as a self employed twit trying to NOT pay what you owe, you STILL have to declare the income you pay yourself, even if you fudged the piss out of your books on costs and such. Your FICA is NOT based on the company's profits. It is based on EMPLOYEE INCOME. PERIOD.

You're an idiot.

You are worse than the greegor retard that posted this horseshit to start with.

Reply to
OutsideObserver

it.

=A0 =A0 Dan

Know

Several commenters saw different and incompatible things in the clip, = what do you think we should see?

?-/

Reply to
josephkk

SS taxes stop being taken from your earnings when you hit $106,800.

12.6% of $106,800 is $1,121. So no one pays in 2k a month as the poster stated. (which you snipped)

As to what you stated, there are people that will receive $2,366 if they retire in 2011 at 66 yrs old and paid in the maximum contribution from age 21. But this is not the subject discussed. I would contend that if you earned that much, you could have easily saved $2,000,000 and could live quite comfortably with or without SS. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Well, let's get to the bottom of that.

What is the interest rate of return on the money in the SS trust fund?

What interest rate would you need to be above "invested poorly"

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Could we have that in terms of Pentagon toilet seats please?

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Sleep is for wimps. Happy, healthy, well-rested wimps, but wimps nonetheless.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

ll=20

=20

There was a 10/10 plan a while back. The first ten thousand you make is tax free and the rest is taxed at 10 percent. No deductions or exemptions= =2E

The well off quickly complained, because in some cases it increased the money they had to pay enormously. Some would have had a three fold increase over what they are paying now.

Look at Exxon and GE paying absolutely NOTHING and you can see how a ten percent tax seems so bad to them.

Gangsters.

mike

Reply to
m II

10% doesn't pay the bills. The current spending is over double that.
Reply to
krw

You can bet that GE's biggest plant in Evendale Ohio (Cincinnati area) pays the State of Ohio plenty of employment compensation, taxes, and numerous other things, and I'll bet the figure you are touting is for ONE of their divisions. I would think the maker of most of the jet engines in many of our war birds would at least have *that* division get major tax breaks. That would be different than the GE division that imports the $129, 14 Megapixel camera, or other household items.

I think your "statistical source" can manipulate the numbers too.

I don't think you know much at all about the really big businesses in this nation. You probably have the same nazi mentality the Ford had. You probably drive a Ford. You probably have the GE figures all wrong or incomplete.

You are one of those sheep with blinders on, following the ass of the flock member in front of you. You heard they don't pay, and you believed it. You ain't real bright.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Who said there was ANY money in the "trust fund"?

Reply to
Robert Baer

of

ll

ld

.

Doesn't work. Obama's burning 25% of GDP; the rate would have to be

If you compare % of income vs. % of tax paid, the top brackets pay at twice the rate as lower brackets.

See pg. 9 for income and sales taxes paid so far this year:

See pg. 10 to see how much business they keep the h@ll out of the U.S., to avoid local oppression.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

You are an idiot. I do not need facts or no facts. The only fact that matters is that you are too stupid for the group. That makes you and your stupid remarks a waste of my time. Good job, wasteoid.

Reply to
OutsideObserver

having

That

large as

And if people actually used them for retirement, the aggregate ownership still occurs, with similar distortions and dislocations.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Not at all. There is a difference between personal control and politics.

Reply to
krw

having

That

large as

ownership

politics.

And just how is there a difference between stampeding the six pack bunch in either case.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk