AC outlet tester

Anybody has a schematic how to make an AC outlet tester? Looks like they typically com with incandenscent lights. I found a

schematic at

and

even a kit at

One uses zeners the other doesn't. I would prefer a schematic with Leds.

There are many testers like this but I do not find any schematics.

much appreciated!

Stefan V

Reply to
stefanv

The kit looks like real junk. Price appears to be about what a manufactured tester would cost. Do yourself a favor and buy one *in the country you live in*. The schematic is going to vary from country to country.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

"stefanv"

** Forget making any such device using neons !!

They are incapable of performing a proper safety test and are DANGEROUS !!

Visual inspection on the particular outlet's wiring and condition is essential for a safety test - this normally means removing it from the wall.

Reply to
Phil Allison