A letter from the army

A letter from the army just received

Installed and are going to test new SMART-L radar exactly 1km from here wants feedback of interference and side effects Me rat they experimenter sort of thing

google: all solid state, 1MW rotating, D-band

And others worry about 5G :-)

HA HA Larking my field strength is stronger than your field strength!

The old radar did tick tick tick on one of my FM radios..

Maybe do the LED test, or better move to Mars

Idea, lemme rx that pulde and echo a variable time one simulation an incoming ICBM This is just for the Russian intelligence readers Test times now: 9:00-11:00 and 13:00 to 15:00 CET monday through friday

The letter says: Your reaction is welcome (gives a not working link of course)

I spy

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That picture of it installed on the Dutch frigate makes it look like a capsizing hazard. Then they're going have to blank off half it's coverage to keep from blowing up a lot of electronics.

Fred Bloggs

Jan Panteltje wrote in news:s15tms$asi$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

A mile away from a 1MW transmitter that swings past your line angle once every rotation for a few milliseconds...

No worry... Your field strength ain't shit.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

But I have more spectral lines!

Pulsed radar is low duty cycle, too.

--

John Larkin         Highland Technology, Inc   trk

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"

110 to 170 GHz! Well, just stay inside, and it won't get to you.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

On a sunny day (Wed, 24 Feb 2021 23:15:47 +0000 (UTC)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org wrote in :

It is 1000m 1 km I have the field strength calculations paper from TNO google: final-report-research-on-the-tno-study-on-potential-health-effects-from-a-military-smart-l-radar.pdf

I will run some tests later and with the spectrum analyzer.

Then for the tinfoil :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 24 Feb 2021 11:40:47 -0800 (PST)) it happened Fred Bloggs wrote in :

Yes, the Russian threat may be far less than that of their equipment. This one is on a tower on land though.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 24 Feb 2021 15:36:40 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

I will try to get it on the spectrum analyzer later.

1 MW solid state is cute!

There are houses 470 meter from it, will see how long the pulse is, most radars sweep frequency.. At less than 470 m it is designated danger zone in one paper.... No Entry area

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:42:14 -0600) it happened Jon Elson wrote in :

D-Band is 1 to 2 GHz. Mouse over the text 'D-band' in that last link.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I sure they would appreciate your help in testing their advertised high ECCM performance. Just get a few channel/fading simulators from ebay and hook them up to a few antennas.

As soon as see an incoming one, you know you're about to succeed!

Our lovely neighbour is a good reason not to post any information on this kind of matters in Finland..

--
mikko
Reply to

On a sunny day (Thu, 25 Feb 2021 10:35:38 +0200) it happened Mikko OH2HVJ wrote in :

I was just using the spectrum analyzer (it is a rtl-sdr stick here)

did find some signal but nothing that looks like radar, but the rtl_sdr stops at 1.7 GHz here.

I dunno, all this anti-Russian propaganda is so silly. I sure would prefer Putin over the clowns we have now as dictator in the Netherlands :-) The US Military Complex taxpayer sucking job creator and creator of useless crap weapons .. Imperium building Trump was right about that, withdraw from where you have nothing to do.

Also to do with my history.

Nordstream 2 US interference. Syria,

In the end it is all about the strongest / smartest Darwin

Biden will likely start an other war, instrument of MIC. May well be in Europe that war, like his demon-cratic predecessor Bill Klignon eeeh Clinton did.

One ant heap against the other Maybe they will one day unite when the aliens attack.

One more reason to look for those! ;-)

So that radar is part of NATO, an attack organization that has become. I think the radar was moved to make place for 5G. An other folly.

I did not see Finland on the map, is it now officially part of Russia? _

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Best radar in the world doesn't help if you don't have any interceptors:

Fred Bloggs

Dont forget to wear your aluminum hat!

Reply to
Three Jeeps

On a sunny day (Thu, 25 Feb 2021 10:36:35 -0800 (PST)) it happened Fred Bloggs wrote in :

True, so we have F35 so OK no interceptors. We also have nukes, but those are under US control, have not seen the hack yet, probably a matter of time.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Years ago I had a guy tell me that some fighter jets radar were powerful enough that they could light up steel wool pads on the runway. Any truth to that?

Reply to
gray_wolf

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Feb 2021 01:58:46 -0600) it happened gray_wolf wrote in :

Sure possible. Maybe they get into the surplus and you can try yourself Years ago the 'friend enemy' detectors were available from the local dump store...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

loggs

d Bloggs

a capsizing hazard.

blowing up a lot of electronics.

The Netherlands is a part of much larger NATO system. They'll be handing of f their radar tracks determined to be threatening to a central control that figures out how to deal with it. "NATO?s BMD defends populations, territory and forces in NATO Europ e against the increasing threat posed by the proliferation of ballistic mis siles from outside the Euro-Atlantic area. It represents a long-term invest ment against a long-term threat, and is purely defensive."

Fred Bloggs

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Feb 2021 05:39:17 -0800 (PST)) it happened Fred Bloggs wrote in :

Fred are you in the Netherlands? Do you remember the Dutch F16 fighters participating in operation desert storm conquering Iraq? Defensive ? no NATO is part of US imperialism.

Now OK every ant heap has its defense and attack system, so do countries. But we now see US imperialism attack again in Syria, where they have no business to be in the first place and hit them for something they did not do, are basically the 'invader' and that NATO is just an arm of the US imperialists.

the Russian viewpoint (that I support in this) Biden and the MIC sucks. It (US) will probably self-destruct over time..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yes indeed.

I have a friend who is a field engineer for the Aegis phased array radar the Navy uses. Those large angled flat panels seen on many naval vessels. He was called to diagnose a problem no one within the Navy could explain. The system was reporting a seemingly random return from something only a few feet from the array antenna.

Everything checked out OK. Then someone happened to notice sailors holding wieners on sticks in front of the antenna. It cooked them in less than a minute. That was the source of the problem.

Probably 20 years ago when I owned a small chain of BBQ restaurants, I had a guy that came by the same time every day with a stereo so loud it would rattle things off my display shelves.

I built a stereo destroyer that consists of 4 microwave magnetron tubes, properly phased on a waveguide and heavily overdriven with a capacitor discharge system. I had no way of measuring actual power but I measured relative power by simply hanging a point-contact diode on a wooden stand some distance from the device. About 30 feet away when I had the unit properly tuned.

I overdrove a tube until it arced internally and then backed off a bit. It would set fine steel wool on fire from about 30 ft away.

I hauled the assembly up on my flat roof so I could get a direct shot at the stereo through the passenger-side window

He came by at the usual time. When he was stopped at the stop sign, I pushed the button. Instant golden peaceful silence. It was fun watching him beat on the stereo because, you know, beating on an electronic device always fixes it. :-)

I've used the device a couple other times but now it's stored in the basement. In this beautiful, quiet mountain top I now live on, it has no use. But it served its purpose.

John

Reply to
neonjohn

Every military jumps at the chance of acquiring real war operational experience for its troops as long as it's not too costly. The U.S. was paying the bill so that's pretty cheap tuition.

It's getting blown out proportion by both sides. The bombing was just a bunch of trailer like shacks in the remote desert border region between Syria and Iraq. The mission cost way, way more than junk they blew up.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs