74LVC4245A alternative with individual direction?

I'm looking for a level shifter that works basically like the

74LVC4245A, but instead of having one common direction control line has individual direction control lines? Does anyone know about such a chip?

Philipp

Reply to
Philipp Klaus Krause

How about a whole bunch of 74LVC2T45 and 74LVC1T45?

Reply to
whit3rd

You might have a problem finding such a beast. With two direction controls there is a possibility of latching if both outputs are enabled simultaneously. Manufacturers don't like to allow mere users to shoot themselves in the foot, like this so only one set of outputs can be active at a time. Having only DIR and OE\ pins, rather than two /OE pins is one way to keep field problems to a minimum.

Reply to
krw

Sorry, for not chosing a clearer wording of my question. I'm looking for a level converter that has one direction / OE line per data input /output (instead of common lines for all 8 as in the 74LVC4245A).

Philipp

Reply to
Philipp Klaus Krause

That would certainly do. I was just wondering if there's something like a chip that contains multiple 74LVC1T45.

Philipp

Reply to
Philipp Klaus Krause

Philipp Klaus Krause schrieb:

Hello,

you want to have for each of the 8 data bits one direction input, one OE input and the two A and B IOs? Such a chip would need at least 35 pins, very strange for a 8 bit bus tranceiver and level converter.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Am 30.06.2010 12:35, schrieb Uwe Hercksen:

Ture, but maybe there's a 4-bit one.

Philipp

Reply to
Philipp Klaus Krause