UHF receiver with IF monitor point

or

kHz)

Nope. Except really large analyzers, and they have several Ifs usually not at 10.7 or 455 that is narrowband radio stuff.

Reply to
jabara

Does anyone know of a UHF (400 MHz-ish) receiver that has an external IF monitor connector? Something that can be plugged into a spectrum analyzer or ADC. I guess what I'm looking for is access to the IF (10.7 MHz or 455 kHz) without having to take a radio apart.

Thanks, Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Magma

"Thomas Magma" ...

or

kHz)

Any UHF tuner from an old TV or VCR should do it, IF is about 38 MHz, 4..7 MHz wide. If you use an older unit with just external voltage control (+1..30V) you can easily sweep it through the band.

Arie de Muynck

Reply to
Arie de Muynck

analyzer or

kHz)

I used to have an Eddystone LF reciever went from below AM band down to about 10 Khz or so. Nice unit.

Reply to
jabara

The Eddystone 770U.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Thanks Adrian,

I was looking for something a little more modern, cost effective, rugged, smaller with less current consumption and weighing considerably less than 52 pounds. Other than that, it would be perfect:)

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Magma

Those requirements weren't in your original spec... :-)

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Icom R-100 (small) and Icom IC-7100 (expensive). Have used both to "front end" custom analyzer Doppler and analyzer projects.

Don

or

kHz)

Reply to