7.02 ribbon cable

In this day and age of super small is good, does anyone know where to source

7.02 ribbon cable? minimum I need is 8 way, preferably from EU, but USA is OK.... TIA
Reply to
TTman

WTF 7.02 ?

Martin Riddle

I think TTman means 7 strands of 0.2mm dia which is common EU size roughly equivalent to 24awg

Reply to
piglet

equivalent to 24awg

If that is the case, then Element14 or Future Electonics should carry it in the EU.

I assume it is 1.27mm pitch then at that awg.

Martin Riddle

Added comments :- It's a rare thing and 1.27 pitch is too small for that gauge wire....I used to use it years ago as hook up wire, not for clamping in IDC connectors, even though it was in a 'ribbon'. 24 awg stranded would do....the 'regular'

1.27 ribbon is too fragile for this application and circular ( which is easy to source) is not an option- it has to be flat. We've tried 8 core flat telecoms cable but that is equally fragile, but better as it has an overall sheath...
Reply to
TTman

Found some at Newark for a sensible price...

Reply to
TTman

How about this..

piglet