Ribbon cable for laptop

Hi all, After disassembling my laptop one-too-many times, I wore out the little flat ribbon cable that attaches the touchpad to the motherboard. I am trying to find where I can get a replacement, and hoped that maybe someone on the newsgroup could help.

It is a UL 2896 style cable, apparently, with 12 conductors on a pitch of 0.5 mm and about 0.3 mm thick. The ends are stripped and tinned on one side and thickened with plastic on the other, so that it can be inserted manually into connectors on the circuit boards. This document seems to describe the cable type quite accurately:

The trouble is that I can't find any vendor who will sell small lengths to consumers!!! Does anyone know where I can buy this type of cable? DigiKey has a few similar things listed, but nothing that's UL style

2896.

Thanks for any advice,

Dan Lenski

Reply to
Dan Lenski

If it's a Sony Viao , I can help........

Reply to
martin.shoebridge

Martin, it's not a Sony Viao, an HP Pavilion actually, but maybe the cable is the same? Anyway, if you have one that matches those dimensions, I'd happily buy it off you. Thanks,

Dan

mart> If it's a Sony Viao , I can help........

Reply to
Dan Lenski

Try these.......

The last one is the best, but may only be for Viao's. I think he's in New York. He's the best I found from the UK.

Martin

Reply to
martin.shoebridge