6U rack mounting instrument case

I need a 6U high 19inch rack mounting instrument case for my next project. I can find plenty of 4U high cases but not one 6U high case.

I am in the UK.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Siamese two fours together. Remove some from one before you mate them, leaving 6U.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Are you sure 6U is a standard size? I don't recall ever seeing 6U instrument cases or front panels. Like someone else already mentioned, you could stick a 4U and a 2U together. Don't forget to use 2 bars to support the backplane.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

I had thought of that but I would still need to get a one piece 6U front panel that was compatible with them.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Actually 6U is a standard size. I just discovered Vero makes them but the minimum order is 10-off.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Backplane? He did not say it was for slide in cards.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Google is loaded with places to locate 6u rack panels, chassis and accessories. Just a few get you going...

David
masondg44 at comcast dot net
Reply to
Dave M

I think you misunderstand what I want. I know there are plenty of t6U high cabinets to house rack mounting gear. That's not what I want. I want an instrument case that can then be mounted in a 19inch rack.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

--
Don\'t they sell through distribution?
Reply to

Have you tried "Rittal" ? They have a factory near "Rotherham" South Yorkshire.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

They do, and I have checked extensively but the 6U rack enclosure is not stocked by any distributor. They do the sub rack which, with some extra panels I could make into a complete case but that's a rather expensive route.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Yes, but their web site is a nightmare. Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Since only one dope in a million would ever order one, no distributors have *ever* likely stocked them, and would have the same 10 off requirement their vendor has.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

What about BuD?

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Sorry. I'm totally wrong here. Flu is messing with my head. 6U should be pretty standard. You could check Rittal like some else mentioned.

Farnell has several:

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Unfortunately I am in the UK.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Its not brilliant I agree. :-)

There is a firm down south that makes them, try

HTH

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

They list this distributor as well as Mouser and Digikey.

European Headquarters: Southampton, UK PEI-Genesis UK Ltd. George Curl Way Southampton, SO18 2RZ Phone: +44 (0) 844 8716060 FAX: +44 (0) 844 8716070 snipped-for-privacy@peigenesis.com

Martin Riddle

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

--
Damn...

That\'s the first time I\'ve ever heard any of y\'all admit it! ;)
Reply to
John Fields