555 contest winners announcement live on uStream at 9 pm EDT

A video Pong game and the Radio projects, most are novelty, but interesting applications of the 555.

There was a nice list of sponsors too. Most prizes are Development boards , DMM's and things of that nature.

Martin Riddle

Could those two please spend a few more hours on stupid banter before they get to the point.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

When you're cheering for 555's forced into service as op-amps for no particular reason, stupid banter is unavoidable. Not that I have anything against clever resourcefulness, but this competition should have been held on a desert island where the contestants had to convert a pile of electronic junk (left over from the plane crash) into a VHF transceiver, while finding food and fending off predators. That would have been worth the space on YouTube.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Yeah, and they should see who can make the best Eggs Benedict out of nothing but 555s.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Find the 555's subtly hidden...

;-) ...Jim Thompson

Too much oil in the bearnaise, but excellent for a first attempt.

;-)

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

"Oil" in Bernaise? Get a life! Us right wingers only use real butter ;-) ...Jim Thompson

The better half's hollandaise sauce would make even 555s palatable.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

It shouldn't be made from bears, it should be made from hollanders!

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Oh, right.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Well it looks a bit runny. A Top Chef finalist got eliminated for that.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I overdid the butter :-( ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm sure it doesn't hurt the flavor though. I didn't know you could use butter. Makes sense for a basic French sauce.

You'd still make the finals anyway.

BTW, if you ever BBQ beef, I've made this recipe several times and it's excellent on beef. It's good on chicken and pork too. And you can't buy anything like it off the shelf.

The site has at least 2 other recipes for balsamic BBQ but I never tried them.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

French == butter

Thanks !-)

Just a roast in a slow cooker. I had a huge smoker, about 6' long, wood fired. But it took constant attention of feeding it wood and playing with dampers to keep the temperature just right. I contemplated (as any engineer would :-) converting it to propane, temperature-controlled, so all I'd have to do was feed it wood chips for flavor. Then I contemplated the effort... and give it to my son Aaron, the programmer (and now farmer... who would have guessed... he bought some acreage in San Tan Valley :-)

Giada is one of my wife's favorites for recipe sources. ...Jim Thompson

I don't care for her show because she looks like she's always eating an invisible corn on the cob, but maybe I'll try some of her other recipes.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Huh? She's a babe! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I always wonder, on those "survivor" shows, when they run out of water and stuff, why don't they just ask the guy behind that camera if he can get some?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yeah but the teeth put me off.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

What? Are you afraid she'll bite you ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

No, that would be ok. It just doesn't look attractive.

I usually prefer PBS-style cooking shows where they focus on the food and don't have pretty hosts and fancy editing.