Ventilation on live equipment

I'm building something for use at home that contains a thermistor at mains potential. It's being used to sense room temperature, so ideally gets some air flow. I can't find any guidelines/rules regarding how small any holes need to be to protect against electric shock.

Anyone have some info/links?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

===================

** It's in the AS/ANZ standard for electrical equipment ( aka AS3100 )

Hole size is not given, only the use a specified, mechanical test finger -about that of a small child - which must not be able to contact live parts.

If you have delicate hands, your own "little finger" is probably close.

The Aussie one is the exact same.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison