5.1 audio downmix to 4 channel?

I have a 5.1 analog audio source ( three 1/8" 2 channel jacks on a PC). I want to downmix the 5.1 audio into 4 channel audio. These are low level signals feeding a four channel amplifier.

Anyone have a circuit that will do this?

PC -----> Amp

Front Left ----> Front Left Front Right ----> Front Right Center ----> Mixed equally with Front Left and Right Rear Left ----> Rear Left Rear Right ----> Rear Right Subwoofer ----> Mixed equally with all four channels.

I believe that all the the 5.1 grounds are tied together at the PC end.

Reply to
Noozer

Thats just about what I did with my Home Theater System...

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Can you not do it in your PC software telling the sound processor that there's no center or sub so it will re-route those signals? Otherwise, you need to build a few mixer/combiners but that's the hard way.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

I've got a set of 5.1 headphones that I want to install before this circuit, so I need the PC to keep using 5.1 output.

Reply to
Noozer