Audio Recorder w/ 4 ch. OUTPUT

Most of the "4 track" audio recorders I have seen will only output in

2 channel stereo. I am looking for one that will output the four recorded channels independently.

The application is for simulated surround effects.

Has anyone seen one?

Kevein Lang

Reply to
Kevin Lang

On a sunny day (Thu, 09 Dec 2010 21:20:48 GMT) it happened snipped-for-privacy@protron.com (Kevin Lang) wrote in :

I do not see your problem, I have been playing back 5.1 as 5 separate channels with 5 separate languages simultanuously with a PC sound card, and I made DVDs that played back the same way. Even wrote a multiplexer for n channel wave files (Linux), so yo ucan make multichannel waves from 4 single channel recordings. So, one channel front right one channel front left one channel rear right one channel rear left one channel middle. You cannot use the bass for speech, it is bandwidth limited.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje