24Cxxx I2C EEPROM

Looking at few datasheets, I can't tell if these small EEPROM chips have internal ESD protection diodes to Vcc and to ground.

Do they have these ESD protections?

Octavio

Reply to
Octavio

I don't think I have ever seen an 24c device with ESD protection.

But then again, I don't think I would ever connect a 24c device in a way that ESD would ever get to it.

ESD concerns implies you want the part connected to the outside world somewhere !!

Why would you do that ??!!

donald

Reply to
Donald

Almost always CMOS chips have such diodes. Failing that, some other kind of protection structure on the inputs, or they might never make it through the assembly process.

You can usually tell from the electrical characteristics.. absolute maximum ratings for inputs and outputs. If it's Vdd + X where X is around a diode drop, you have your answer.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

How do you think your computer knows what monitor you're using? Several lines to a 24CxxxEEPROM are exposed at the HDE-15 connector.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'll have to open my monitor and find out. ;-)

Reply to
Donald

There are plenty of schematics online.

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.