100mV DC supply

I use an old version of Agent. It works much better than GG.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I think you want a 4 wire connection into the chamber, so there is no current flowing through the voltage sense wires. Put modest resistors outside between +sense and +supply, and -sense and -supply, so if any connection in the chamber is broken, it will not cause overvoltage. Something like 100 Ohms would be fine. When the 4 wire circuit is hooked up right, the resistors will become insignificant. This is the classic remote- sense power supply scheme.

For noise, you can use 4 wire shielded cable.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Oh, topics get 'derailed' all the time. With google groups if you click on the little triangle in the upper RH corner, there is an option for 'show original' and that lets you see the post in Currrier.. and thus the ascii art.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yeah and get well shielded cable, copper mesh and Aluminum foil. And make it well bonded to ground everywhere you can.

What's the impedance of the load?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Thunderbird works as a traditional usenet reader. Google groups does rather more for you, so I tend use it, rather than Thunderbird.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

BFC superpowers to the rescue.

Cheers

Phil "use a bigger hammer" Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thunderbird. Other folks like knode, Forte Agent, or one or two others.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yep. I had to drive through a 300A load step without losing more than about a volt, IIRC.

Hey, Wikipedia's disambiguation page for "BFC" lists one possible meaning as "Engineering slang for a supercapacitor." :-)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Yup. 300-kelvin resistors are a serious inconvenience when your active devices have 0.01-K noise temperatures. (BF862s are about that good in the flatband.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

I need a .4V supply and was going to do exactly this but the opamp is kinda expensive. I'm used to paying 1/3 of the cost of an opam for the entire regulator (above 1.1V).

Reply to
krw

The NMR amps needed PPM-flat current pulses, so we didn't want thermal tails in the current shunt amp. Hence the buffer inside the loop.

We made our own current shunts, too. That's a whole nother story.

lunatic fringe electronics

It must be French. Beaucoup Farads.

lunatic fringe electronics

Wouldn't that have to be Beau Farads Coup?

It was a monster computer-grade electrolytic, an absolute beast.

My task was helping a COTS Mean Well 24V supply weather a 300A peak impulse without losing voltage, and without modifying the Mean Well. That didn't leave many options, so out came the BFC.

I tested the impulse response and monitored the SMPS' switching--the Mean Well seemed to like it just fine.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat