MEF 250 fuse?

My power supply went out on my old computer. It looks like the fan went out and component called a MEF 250, with 1.0K written on it was fried. I am unable to find a replacement (or I'm not sure what to look for). I assume this is a fast acting fuse. Any ideas on finding a replacement?

Reply to
Pierre

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 03:35:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@cmaaccess-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Pierre) put finger to keyboard and composed:

It's a 1uF 250V Metallized Polyester Film capacitor, probably a mains rated X2 type connected across active and neutral.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks, What does the 1K stand for ?

Reply to