What the white-space have to do with data transfer ?

Welcome to super-wifi 300MHz to 400MHz. Wonder how things will change with such gadgets. Having a single router for whole building/campus or

720p uni-cast streaming to multiple nodes (NOT multi-cast) with better node control. Loads of applications to come with location centric logic... guess what? a new breed of TV would be around the corner. I would picture: a product of Internet-TV with quality of analog TV set.

Any thoughts how things would change moving away form higher spectrum or I am missing something?

Yet one more reason to say hello to N. Tesla, The Father of AC and wireless connectivity! ali

Reply to
Ali

.

OK, the questions :

0) What hardware updates we need other than generator and PLL. 1) Nothing for software. (Firmware should be working seamlessly )

regards, ali

Reply to
Ali

1: New WiFi standards will need to be formulated, which will need software. So turn "nothing" to "lots and lots". 0: Try "entirely new receiver"

-1: And _where_ is the channel capacity come from when the channel bandwidth is 100MHz wide and you'll be seeing interference from transmitters for miles around?

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

You might take a look what Mr. Shannon has to say.

With a very high SNR, you can get a lot of data through in a limited bandwidth e.g. using nnnQAM directly or with multiple OFDM carriers, with each at nnnQAM.

A lot of transmissions can share a single frequency band using CDMA (DSSS), but the CNR will drop with each added transmission.

Spread spectrum does not help against white noise.

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

and then some, on the two wireless technologies I worked on I think something like 5 years from concept till something that really works and is being sold

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt