Transistor, 600V@2A?

Hi, all,

I am looking for transistor, 600V@2A. Could you tell me part name and company?

Thanks,

From Bob.
Reply to
Bob J.

It ain't anywhere near that simple. You need to know a LOT more about the application (load line if you will and speed required) even if you really don't need the 1200W you specified.

mike

--
Wanted, Serial cable for Dell Axim X5 PDA.
with links.  Delete this sig when replying.

Thats right Mike, a switching transistor 600V @ 2A are as common as flys

It ain't anywhere near that simple. You need to know a LOT more about the application (load line if you will and speed required) even if you really don't need the 1200W you specified.

mike

-- Wanted, Serial cable for Dell Axim X5 PDA. Return address is VALID but some sites block emails with links. Delete this sig when replying. FS 500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 Make Offer Bunch of stuff For Sale and Wanted at the link below. MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK

the

I'm interested. How come you didn't name off a few dozen? The 1200 Watt package is gonna be interesting.

mike

--
Wanted, Serial cable for Dell Axim X5 PDA.
with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
mike

Nobody said nuthn' 'bout ridiculous. What I said, was that choosing a transistor is not that simple and some specificity would be in order.

We have only one data point 600V @ 2A. 600V AT 2A is 1200W. What I THINK is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the REQUIREMENTS for the device in the user's application. Those requirements were unspecified.

Now, we could make all kinds of assumptions. Maybe it's 600V OR 2A. Or maybe it's 10V at 1mA and we could suggest a 2N3904...but then we'd have to assume it's an NPN transistor.

Bottom line is that SOA might be the defining parameter.

The original question is UNANSWERABLE. It tickles me when educated people make random assumptions then proceed as though they have the answer...then more educated people jump in to defend it. The internet tickles me a lot...

Are we having fun yet? mike

--
Wanted, Serial cable for Dell Axim X5 PDA.
with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
mike

did you ever think that maybe the application for it's use maybe a simple logic function and not an analog function ? Horizontal output transistors would most likely serve for this function. just think, use the transistor in saturation state or near to it, the ESR in the transistor would be very low in deed. just off the top of my head i could guess a 0.6.. 1.0 Vdc could be the average voltage across the E and C points. do your math on that one. you will find that its not so ridiculous after all.

Reply to
Jamie

Part # 497-2638-5-ND from Digikey is one you might like. It's 800 V at 4 amps for $1.68

Dunno if it will work for you, but it answers the question as asked.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Do you happen to have that particular URL and do I HAVE to have my credit card ready ;-)

Reply to
davew

Hi,

I have checked it after you, however, it is too expensive for me.

Thanks anyway.

ehsjr =EC=9E=91=EC=84=B1:

Reply to
Bob J.

That's a bummer. What is the price range you can afford?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

It can be affored under $0.5 sadly.

Reply to
Bob J.

They (497-2638-5-ND) are .70125 per in qty 10,000 - still too high. But 497-3510-ND is .50000 in lots of 10,000, and is rated 12 amps at 900 volts. It might work for you, but they have only 1,989 in stock.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

At a million and a half units a month, you should have vendor application guys flying in to help you design it. mike