Pass transistor logic in a FPGA

Hi, I am a graduate student of Auburn Univeristy doing my research in SoC testing. I am really an amateur in FPGAs and would like your help. I have a question, which I think you people can answer. For my research, I would like to implement a transmission gate into a FPGA. Can it be done? If yes could you tell me how?

Would really appreciate your help...

Thanks Nitin

Reply to
Nitin

FPGAs use pass transistors in their internal construction, but the key word is "internal". AFAIK, they don't make a pass transistor directly available as a user selectable element. But depending on what features of the pass transistor you are trying to make use of, you may be able to use the transistors in the routing or possibly even the LUT for your application. It has been indicated here that the LUTs use pass transistors to implement the output mux of the RAM.

Can you give us some insight into what you are trying to do?

--
Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

If you need cover voltage levels other than logic '1' and '0' see these guys:

If you mean to transmit or not transmit specified logic levels in one direction at a time, then an FPGA will work fine.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

No, not in the true analog transmission gate sense, pin to pin.

You can get tinylogic SPST / SPDT analog transmission gates and drive those from your FPGA.

FPGAs can do Open Drain, so can switch to ground thru 'some ohms', but that ground will be noisy. In some apps, that may be enough.

FPGAs also support JTAG boundary scan, for contact integrity testing.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville