Please Help!! CA3162E

Anyone know an equivalent part for the CA3162E? I'm having problems sourcing this part as most places like Maplin, RS Components and other major distributors do not stock this item.

Also the CA3161E which i assume the 7447 IC can be used in it's place. Am I right in assuming this?

Please, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ed.

Reply to
Erdinc

Dear Ed.,

We do have stock of the Intersil or Harris CA3161E (DIP 16).

Can you pleased tell us the QTY you request for order confirmation ?

Our dleivery cost is as following :

US$10.00 ( 7 to 14 days delivery date ) US$38.00 ( around 3 days delivery date )

Waiting for your idea !

Thanks !

-- Patrick Cheung townt.com Address : 1805, Wu Sang House, 655 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong Tel : +852-25055838 Fax : +852-25058121 E-mail : snipped-for-privacy@towntarget.com.hk Web-site :

or

"Erdinc" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Patrick - townt.com

Erdinc schrieb:

No, AFAIK there are no direct replacements for this chip.

No, the CA3161 supports "code B", which adds the characters EHLP, the minus sign and a blank to the digits 0..9 that the decimal decoders can display. The minus sign and the blank are used by the CA3162.

Tilmann

--
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.
Reply to

Mostly the same pinout (note lack of RBI-bar, RBO-bar, LT-bar, etc. on the CA3161) but the 7447 doesn't do on-chip current regulation (although it probably typically limits at somewhere around 40mA this will result in some stuff getting hot, including your LED's!) so you should add some limiting resistors and the 7447 doesn't do the -HELP codes (although they may not matter for the application).

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Erdinc schrieb:

Addendum to my previous post:

Depending on what exactly you mean with "equivalent": if you just want a proper chip for building a digital panelmeter, use the 7106 (LCD) or

7107 (LED) instead. They are still pretty common, cheap, and have better characteristics.

Tilmann

--
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.
Reply to
Tilmann Reh

And you can buy a whole DMM so cheaply it may be easier and cheaper.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Thanks to everyone who replied..

Regards Erdinc