PQ35...?

Hi Group, Can someone help please...? I have a laptop HP notebook #N3370 SER...F1929A. There are some components on the motherboard that are fried, I replaced most of them, but I cannot identify one, it is a six pin (IC), I can only give you the number that is on the board next to it...PQ35. I emailed HP, and they won't give me any info. any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated, thanx in advance, Stan

Reply to
Gotoguy

6-pin DIPS are usually optoisolators. The 4N35 is a common optoisolator, which is made HP/Agilent/Whoever- took-over-that-product-line-last-year. The evidence points to it being a 4N35. PQ might indicate a higher quality part than the standard commercial 4N35.

Tom P. .

Reply to
tlbs101

tlbs101 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

That's a good thought, but there might be a lot of other possibles, because a lot of SMT parts are in variants of SOT23, especially op-amps in SOT23-5 and SOT23-6. What would probably confirm an optoisolator is the size, if the body is way bigger than SOT23, more like same as standard DIP type. As far as I know, no opto-isolator exists as small as SOT23 in SMT. If it does, someone please point me to one, I want to get some if I can...

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan