Anyone with a transistor equivalent guide please? 2SD2214

Hi, I'm trying to repair a rather messy bodge job on an audio effects rack unit. The components requiring fixing are all surface mount, including a 2SD2214 transistor which is now obsolete. If anyone has a transistor equivalent guide then please could you look up for a modern equivalent for this device? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Gerry

Reply to
xsgerry

The few references I find to this number show it as a TO-220FA package - which I believe is like a regular TO-220 with a plastic insulated header. Not surface mount. Could this part number be wrong?

If it is the one I found, shouldn't be too hard to sub. Looks like pretty standard stuff. Collector current up to 8A would be the most important spec, but if it's not on a heat sink I doubt if they are running it all that hard.

Mark Z.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

a transistor substitution databook gives for a 2sd2214 the following equivalents:

2sd1826 by sanyo 2sd1928 by nec

hopes this helps...

--

Jean-Yves.