Overcoming manufacturer's MOQs

Hello all,

I've got a problem with a part that is obsolescent; a year ago it was a stock part at (eg) Mouser but now the manufacturer has a 1,000 MOQ on it and there is no stock anywhere in the world. This is a US $15-20 part, it's a universal AC input 17-watt 3.3V SMPSU.

I need a reasonable quantity which it seems won't be found on the NOS market, but is only 10% of the MOQ.

I need the exact part. (Metalwork exists, part was better value than others similar).

This has to be a recurring problem.

Is there some forum anywhere for posting a call for other users, or is this the exclusive domain of the commercial broker?

Rgds,

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Spencer

Part number?

RL

Reply to
legg

PSA25LS-033R

legg wrote:

Reply to
Martin Spencer

Suggest that you take a close look at PSA25LS-050, with the aim of replacing one resistor in the output voltage divider.

It has the same output current rating, and is likely an identical fab.

Still in stock at Allied.

RL

Reply to
legg

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:25:36 -0500, legg put finger to keyboard and composed:

The OP may also need to reduce the value of the zener diode clamp on the output.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar